Progression of Parks and Competitions

Kyle

The "decline" of snowboarding and rise of freestyle skiing has been talked about on here before and the Sochi Olympics hosting slopestyle and ski half pipe as events for the first time had me thinking about how much parks and completions have progressed in the past 5 years. I've noticed that things keep getting bigger and more challenging, HUGE tricks are being thrown, and crazy setups are coming out of almost any place with access to a groomer and someone with a few screws loose in their head.

Anyway one of the reasons why I started this topic is because of this article. Red bull is Definatley stepping up the level of competitions with this and if you haven't seen simon dumonts cubed pipe video or Danny Davis' peace pipe video I highly encourage you to watch them.

http://snowboarding.transworld.net/news/red-bull-double-pipe-snowboarding-competition-brings-first-ever-side-side-halfpipes-life-march-19-23rd-aspen/#.Uxaj0im9Kc0

So does anyone else feel that in the next 5 years this type of stuff is going to hit a peak or is the sport just going to progress from here?

i want to eat my words here....

spines dont work.

a 22 ft spine with a 4 foot deck doesnt work. spines in general dont work. skating works for some reason but the motion transfer on snow doesnt seem to carry over. theres no way youre going to be able to pull 15 foot air on a 22 foot wall and then try and transfer over a 4 foot deck spine.

• Like 1