11/30/14....why isn't Burma chair running...warmer.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Well I'm a marketing genius. I know my reports have brought many people to Blue who have gone on and bought season passes. At work my marketing techniques are very innovative for a dying industry yuk yuk yuk..and every Wednesday I ask for karaoke suggestions on Facebook and you wouldn't believe how many extra people come to the local bar to see me sing and be part of the karaoke night shit show. Heck I even recruited MattEdge yesterday to join PASR...

So Blue mountain why aren't I sponsored!!!

Please redirect site to Shawnee or Camel :)

I allways rode blue and stumbled onto this forum. Allways a fun mountain. Most of my riding was done at Hunter when we had a house up there.

But that's a long drive and the lines are pretty long there too and its a totally different vibe.

• Like 1

Please redirect site to Shawnee or Camel :)

I allways rode blue and stumbled onto this forum. Allways a fun mountain. Most of my riding was done at Hunter when we had a house up there.

But that's a long drive and the lines are pretty long there too and its a totally different vibe.

Coolest story ever!!!!

When you think about it, PASR is the reason Blue has gotten so popular. When PASR started, posters went to a variety of mountains. Now, most of us ride at blue. As PASR's made the transition, so did the general public. In other words, Barb Green owes us all money.

They advertise a ton on the radio and now FB. To your point though... If PASRs started these insane crowds we've been seeing the past few years then PASRs can fix this.

When you think about it, PASR is the reason Blue has gotten so popular.  When PASR started, posters went to a variety of mountains.  Now, most of us ride at blue.  As PASR's made the transition, so did the general public.  In other words, Barb Green owes us all money.

Wow just wow..lol..all y'all iz crazy.... 

• Like 1

I miss the good old days when a morning ticket on the weekend was I think $27 and good from 730-1230 and u could go in for an early lunch get scanned back in at 1130 and ski as long as u wanted on morning ticket. They don't even allow smoking in the cafeteria anymore. Sheryl crow says change can do you good nah that's bullshit bring back the old Blue mountain. And whatever happened to Rays grill on skis???

• Like 1

Will be awhile until tickets crack $100 a day in PA. I know last seasons walk up rate at Vail beaver creek was $129. I bought a voucher off someone for $80 out there who would have thought an $80 lift ticket is a $50 savings. My buddy Tom balked at the $109 he paid for a one day ticket to Jackson hole. Three years ago I paid $30 daily to park at Northstar and $100 for daily lift tickets I think a three day was maybe like $290 wow big savings and that was for a handful of snowmaking runs. I bought a round for my bro in law his dad and my dad and was over $50...shits not cheap. Allentown is hella cheap. Daily $1.75 beer specials at my local bar and $1 beers Friday happy hour $3 imports.

Skiing surely isn't for the middle class, either is golf.

If things keep going at this rate....I'll be trading in my skis for a kayak and fishing gear.

I'm barely cracking into the middle class as it is...

If you love skiing you find a way to ski..whether it means spending less on other forms of recreation and entertainment, taking on a part time job to make more income or just scaling back your lyfestyle. I knew when I was a teenager that if I wanna be a skier for lyfe I better make decent money yet back when I was in my 20s and not making much I had many rewarding ski seasons, it's just that a larger percentage of my disposable income went to skiing. There's really not much of a middle class anymore. There's a greater and greater gap between the haves and the have nots and less working class people able to crack into middle class and even if you are struggling there's still 45 million Americans, living in poverty...people not worrying if they can afford another ski trip or new hand knit jawns but if they can afford to keep the lights and heat on...

• Like 6

If you love skiing you find a way to ski..whether it means spending less on other forms of recreation and entertainment, taking on a part time job to make more income or just scaling back your lyfestyle. I knew when I was a teenager that if I wanna be a skier for lyfe I better make decent money yet back when I was in my 20s and not making much I had many rewarding ski seasons, it's just that a larger percentage of my disposable income went to skiing. There's really not much of a middle class anymore. There's a greater and greater gap between the haves and the have nots and less working class people able to crack into middle class and even if you are struggling there's still 45 million Americans, living in poverty...people not worrying if they can afford another ski trip or new hand knit jawns but if they can afford to keep the lights and heat on...

I agree with you there completely.

On a side note though....

that's probably the best post you've ever made on PASR.

• Like 2

Alot of ski areas have something like a speed pass..I know Killington is gonna have that this season..it's $199 for the season. Snowbird Utah has one for $10,000 but it includes many other benefits. Weekends mid morning the VIP line at blue can be almost as long as the regular line. It's later in the day when it's almost nothing.