Guns are blazing in the valley

moe ghoul

Racers getting a 52 gun salute all day. Also blowing on raceway (?) saw a girl go round the bull wheel up top on the 6 pack, a run away snow board on paradise, a 4-way yard sale on lower main (technically a 2-way I guess cause it involved 2 snow boarders), patrollers pulling sleds galore (one on tuts???) and a confused looking Japanese girl sitting in the same spot while I cycled through the quad 4 times ( she could not get her boots clicked back in - I helped and she immediately skied off of tuts back into the ditch...) most people at Blue I have seen all year. Things are looking up terrain Wise though

Edited by tarponhead
  • Like 3

Seems like they put a fresh coat on everything that's been open and then started full bore on Razor's.

Unfortunately they seemed to have missed giving Homestretch the love, as thin spots were still around early.

Bumps were reset and blown over which made them wonderful until the early afternoon when the ice started coming up in the troughs.

Anyway, once the shadows hit them, they're difficult to see and harden up fast.

Main Street was truly a shit-show, with pretty much every beginner in the universe out all trying to make their way down lower Main Street.

There were families walking down Midway. Women walking back up Chute. Yard-sales galore. Girls sliding down Falls nearly taking out her father along the way.

Lazy probably had the best snow overall. Upper and Mid Paradise were decent, but lower was not as good and the grooming was lousy.

Main Street, first thing in the morning, was excellent chalky, carveable snow. Unfortunately it gave way to the granular and the piles formed.

By late morning, the 6-pack lines were back to the readers. They finally got a clue and fired up the quad and the lines disappeared.

Overall a pretty good day at Blue today.