7 west coast resots closed due to lack of snow

VTmark

Tahoe is the fucking shit dude, Reno is like 5 seconds away....anyways peeps are going to bitch maybe but I'll just say this cause it's true.

GW/Climate Change whatever the fuck you want to call it is fucking with the oscillations and the jet stream, it has been since 2008ish. PA has been colder for sure.

Upper level warming wobbles the AO, cold air spills into the NE which then fucks with the jet stream. Everything is the US is based of the jet stream.

At a finer level it's the RRR, Ridiculously Resilient Ridge, essentially since early 2013 a high pressure ridge of tremendous size and duration has blocked pretty much any serious precip for Cali. You need divergent air, you need chaos in the air for water to fall and this RRR has diverted that energy up to AK (hence why parts of Ak were so plump) and the Arctic.

I don't know JL your kind of a fuck head anyways and medium duration high pressure blocking is nothing new..........true however in the entire recorded history (which isn't much) there has never been a high pressure ridge like this. Additionally if you run models without the extra heat you don't get an RRR where as you do with the extra heat because without the extra heat you can't get such extreme geopotential heights.

You think Vermont is overrated?

On a sliding scale with top PA resorts top Vermont resorts and top Rocky Mountain resorts..if PA is a 20 and the Rockies is a 100 I put Vermont much closer to PA...maybe a 40...would you rather take two trips to Vermont or one trip to the Rockies?? Do people from Vermont travel to the Rockies??? Do people from the Rockies travel to Vermont? I know if I would have gone to college in the Rockies I doubt I would have graduated in four years. People from PA have a freaking Hardon for Killington as well. On that note I still wanna get back to Stowe in the spring...gotta take advantage of cheap gas before the Saudis jack it back up.

And ski conditions in the Rockies can be bad...just not as often as in New England..

• Like 1

Alot of the alpinezone people have so much east coast pride. Whatever some dudes have far ugly wives they are still slippery when wet yuk yuk yuk

Blah blah blah blah....

Fuck all you EC haters hoe's, you have a big wet vagina and it's full of sand.

Waaaaaaah it's far to drive because I'm a shitty hairless ape that thinks driving in a metal box powered by 5mil year old sunlight while doing 70mph eating a sandwich full of shit that never existed on our continent and took a small army of workers to get here is fucking lame.

Waaaaaaah I have too much to do, my time is ever so precious......fuck off you sack of shit, you lie, nobody has anything to do but the vast majority of people can't handle that so we do this mass delusion thing were we all pretend were so fucking busy were in reality we mostly watch tv.

Waaaaa it's too small and icy. Killy the poster child for all things supposedly wrong with the NE is bigger, has more vert, better lifts and is steeper than all kinds of western resorts. Snowmass outside of the cirque is flat, monarch is pretty flat, copper is pretty flat, etc etc etc. Magic is much tougher hill than Snowmass.

Waaaa it's icy and the weather hurts my face. Sack up, the NE ain't some Disney world canned adventure experience. It will be icy, it will test your skills, the weather will likely be grey, windy, cold with a bunch of humid air. Why do you want a life were the whole world is constantly sucking your dick ? Things aren't automatically better because your more comfortable.

NE is about opportunity, I've skied a good portion of this planet and one of my best days ever was at Jay. It's tough to decide Friday at 5pm to go to Vail but it's easy to get in the car and go to VT because it's gonna snow big and that is what the NE is all about. It's out there the question is if your willing to go get it. 

• Like 1

Wow serious east coast pride. I've skied probably 400 days in Vermont and had some great pow days but often the conditions are even worse then blue and again it's expensive and a long drive and crowded.

When I lived in Montana two years my parents questioned why I went to college.

Stay midmountain today, yer brain is oxygen starved.

Blah blah blah blah....

Fuck all you EC haters hoe's, you have a big wet vagina and it's full of sand.

Waaaaaaah it's far to drive because I'm a shitty hairless ape that thinks driving in a metal box powered by 5mil year old sunlight while doing 70mph eating a sandwich full of shit that never existed on our continent and took a small army of workers to get here is fucking lame.

Waaaaaaah I have too much to do, my time is ever so precious......fuck off you sack of shit, you lie, nobody has anything to do but the vast majority of people can't handle that so we do this mass delusion thing were we all pretend were so fucking busy were in reality we mostly watch tv.

Waaaaa it's too small and icy. Killy the poster child for all things supposedly wrong with the NE is bigger, has more vert, better lifts and is steeper than all kinds of western resorts. Snowmass outside of the cirque is flat, monarch is pretty flat, copper is pretty flat, etc etc etc. Magic is much tougher hill than Snowmass.

Waaaa it's icy and the weather hurts my face. Sack up, the NE ain't some Disney world canned adventure experience. It will be icy, it will test your skills, the weather will likely be grey, windy, cold with a bunch of humid air. Why do you want a life were the whole world is constantly sucking your dick ? Things aren't automatically better because your more comfortable.

NE is about opportunity, I've skied a good portion of this planet and one of my best days ever was at Jay. It's tough to decide Friday at 5pm to go to Vail but it's easy to get in the car and go to VT because it's gonna snow big and that is what the NE is all about. It's out there the question is if your willing to go get it. 

You headin up tonite?

vermont has better skiing than PA, however, its one of the worst states in the entire country.  you drive through and see nothing but farmland, its fucking gross.  me and mark stayed at some chick's house and you had to drive 40 minutes just to go to the fucking grocercy store.  they didnt even have cell service at their house smh

HAHAHAAAA!!! You need to travel more before you make that assessment of VT. Rural = less people/customer base = driving farther and less technology.

• Like 2

ive havent been to vermont alot, but i've been there enough (south, central, and north) to know that its depressing as fuck.  id live in the south bronx before i lived in vermont

That's a lifestyle choice, dood. If you like the outdoors, remoteness, a clean state and lotsa skiing, the Bronx doesn't offer that.

fair point.  to each their own

I straddle both, live in a city and can live up there. I've learned I can do without a lot of convenience when I'm up there, and just about anything I need is less than 10 miles away, got internet, sat and cell. Cell provider has a lot to do with quality of service up there. I think your age colors your view as well being young. I think a lot of younger born and raised vermonters feel the same way and relocate.

vermont has better skiing than PA, however, its one of the worst states in the entire country. you drive through and see nothing but farmland, its fucking gross. me and mark stayed at some chick's house and you had to drive 40 minutes just to go to the fucking grocercy store. they didnt even have cell service at their house smh

How does any of that make Vermont the worst state in the country?