Alta 01/29/15 - 02/01/15

indiggio

Run of day was woods just right of Alfs (high rustler???) . Catherine's also skied well. Snow starved here, look for aspects that hold snow. Skied 9:30 to almost 4.

Peruvian bar had the "Peruvian video contest" at end of day, packed shoulder to shoulder hooting and hollering for recent Visio shot by locals. This was an awesome day.

Seriously. Post pics. Get over to the bird as well.

Spoke with a few people who went over to the bird today. They said it was horrible and came back to ski Alta!

I torqued the waiter at dinner today by wearing my "Ski The East" T-Shirt. He told me I should bury it.

• Like 3

Finally got some snow today, albeit not a dumping by any stretch but some is better than none!!

Spent the day in the trees as they had the best snow by far.

Met up with an old timer (78) and had breakfast with him. He comes out for 10 days every month from Long Island and knows the place like the back of his hand. Skied with him for two runs and the guy can really move! He was wearing a Heli-Ski jacked that he said they gave to him for breaking a million vert. Unfortunately we got ahead of him, he took a shortcut and lost him. Ran into him for the last run of the day.

Conditions were excellent except for the fog/snow providing white-out conditions.

27cf0f5c0fcfd0bd2a68122f2f5abe7d.jpg

2c3ca02729545c23bb2fcf665cbb9f06.jpg

9250e589ca461c1f1486e6540c97c77f.jpg

Crapped out of Elephant's Butt!

• Like 3

I'm trying to find pricing online...I couldn't imagine having to share bathrooms and showers and a room with strangers. The last time I shared a hotel room was when my buddy Tom came down for two nights last year. It's interesting I see they give you a locker so you don't get stuff stolen. I guess it's pretty classic. I know Tarponhead stayed in a hostel at Killington. Anyway have fun. Oh and I don't do hot tubs. Not cause I'm fat..they just seem germy to me.

• Like 1

I'm trying to find pricing online...I couldn't imagine having to share bathrooms and showers and a room with strangers. The last time I shared a hotel room was when my buddy Tom came down for two nights last year. It's interesting I see they give you a locker so you don't get stuff stolen. I guess it's pretty classic. I know Tarponhead stayed in a hostel at Killington. Anyway have fun. Oh and I don't do hot tubs. Not cause I'm fat..they just seem germy to me.

Definitely an interesting setup, right above the bar playing tunes till 10. Got word they were caroling drunk women out last night.

We're here to ski, not luxuriate.! Put in 8-4 today. Could have done more, but beer & hot tub calling. They dump tons of chlorine in tub, so no worries there.

Talking to guy in from Tahoe, he says there's NO snow out there at all, which is why he's here.

Nobody cares what you look like in hot tub. Lady telling us that there was a naked guy one time they were in.

Every dude is wearing a hat indoors. Crazy. Don't they have heat there?

I get out alot and have never seen a ring toss game at a bar.

Snow still falling. Gotta make first chair breakfast and get right down to lifts.

Alta Radio playing some kick-ass tunes.

Peruvian is definitely the place to be when in Alta!!

What time is first chair breakfast??? What are kickass tunes to you??? Hippie shit?? Jackson plays all that take a load off Annie shit the baby boomers love. Good music if you wanna cut yourself. I wish I could control the music