Plake on skiing...

indiggio

If Stowe or mad river glen was my home mountain or it was warmer this season I'd ski the bumps more. In firm conditions I'd rather fly down groomers. I think I've done the bumps like five times so far this season.

Wahahahahooey

everyone knows that the bumps at blue suck....they are always rock hard.  elk and montage have much better bumps for PA standards.

I love corn bumps..powder bumps as well...the bumps Tarponhead was skiing at Mad River Glen Sunday are the best cause they are formed by mainly advanced skiers. Despite the lack of new snow at Jackson hole I enjoyed the firm chalky bumps...I still like hauling ass on groomers and skiing steep powder the best. Skiing trees also seperates the men from the boys..a run on lazy mile we all look about the same except for Atomic Jeff he's next level on his slalom skis...like a freaking pinball

barnie's bumps are pretty much it.  sometimes they have some on nightmare....and those are better than barnie's, but not by much.

They can only do so much with them due to the man-made snow.

Nightmare bumps are only nicer for longer periods because fewer people ski them.

If they were as heavily run as Barney's they'd be just as bad.

Unfortunately the run is also too short which deters most of the bumper from skiing them.

Chute bumps ice up pretty quick because of the steepness and Blue ignores them.

They need to be seeded tighter on the steeper section, but they're set the same distance as all the rest.

Chute would be a lot more fun if they didn't groom or seed it at all and just blew on it every night.

Totally agree that naturally formed bumps in dry Western snow and/or powder are definitely the best.

Unfortunately we live on the East coast and have to ski what we've got.

I love the early morning, cold weather speed runs on freshly groomed slopes and get that out of the system early.

Then it's on to the bumps as by then they've probably been broken down and skied in.

If/When they get icy, it's to the ridge where all the boarders have plowed off the grooming into a nice, soft, Pocono powder bank.

• Like 3

I'm glad they no longer have bumps on challenge. Makes it a decent run again. With razors closed for the race team there was to much traffic going down the half of challenge that was groomed. Also nice that Barney's isn't so wide. Upper Main Street is alot nicer now.

What's the ridge??? You mean like the spine Matt Edge and TheDude4Bides ski?

I'm glad they no longer have bumps on challenge.

I keep waiting to see bumps on Challenge!

What's the ridge??? You mean like the spine Matt Edge and TheDude4Bides ski?

Yeah, ridge, spine, edge, lip, whichever...

The side of the slope where the (semi) soft stuff accumulates.

Seems as though the groomers are making a bigger lip on the sides this year.

Think they're doing it to keep people from skiing there.

They can only do so much with them due to the man-made snow.

true, but places like montage and elk, heck...even jack frost, do a much better job with bumps.  first, they don't make fake bumps.  they just blow the crap out of the trails and not groom it.  yes, it's man-made snow and yes it forms hard east coast bumps....but at least those bumps have natural shape and rhythm, unlike what happens at blue.  just sayin'.

Edited by guitar73

Barney's bumps or the bumps on nightmare wouldn't have bumps if they weren't seeded cause they aren't steep enough trails for people to make a zillion turns. For chute maybe.

that's not true.  both boomer (montage) and tunkhannock  (elk) are not very steep and they bump up just fine without being seeded.  i'd say that nightmare is about the same grade at boomer and tunks. 

ETA:  bumps will form on shallow slopes as well....just their shapes will be different b/c the turns that form them are shaped slightly different. 

Edited by guitar73

true, but places like montage and elk, heck...even jack frost, do a much better job with bumps. first, they don't make fake bumps. they just blow the crap out of the trails and not groom it. yes, it's man-made snow and yes it forms hard east coast bumps....but at least those bumps have natural shape and rhythm, unlike what happens at blue. just sayin'.

if you can't find any rhythm skiing the bumps at blue you're doing something wrong
  • Like 2