Zee Lights

skifreak

33 minutes ago, IceEidolon said:

I would guess that Upper Main and Lazy will run simultaneously and open within a day or two of each other - but we're all guessing based on what Blue's done in the past. I meant to propose the most agressive and most conservative options I saw.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Just hoping the old pipes can handle the new compressor's capabilities.

16 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Nope. I just really enjoy night skiing. Nothing like skiing under the lights on a cold night with no lines and empty slopes. 

Night skiing on the weekends can mean some craptastic conditions. If given the choice I'll always go first thing when I'm fresh but on work days no choice but to make night moves. 

You should start a roll call thread to see if anybody else is at Blue Saturday night. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Night skiing on the weekends can mean some craptastic conditions.

I usually stay away from black diamonds at night because they turn into sheets of ice. Green and blue runs generally retain decent snow quality.

I guess this means you think they'll be open for night skiing next weekend. Temperatures just keep looking better and better over the next 10 days. Getting totally stoked.

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I usually stay away from black diamonds at night because they turn into sheets of ice. Green and blue runs generally retain decent snow quality.

I guess this means you think they'll be open for night skiing next weekend. Temperatures just keep looking better and better over the next 10 days. Getting totally stoked.

Blue will be open for night skiing Saturday night. No idea other days but I believe the early season limited schedule will break with the cold air. 

Its 53 and raining moderately now..foggy as well..I'm also feeling farty.  

Often when night skiing the black diamonds have some of the best conditions because they get the least amount of traffic as most of the school kids are on lazy mile, paradise and the park. On a typical session I try to ski every Main run once and then return back to the ones that are the best.  I've had times at Blue where razors edge was so good that I just skied that the entire time same with switchback. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Tomorrow night, I imagine all ski resorts in the northeast will begin blasting snow at full capacity. Heck, I might even get to ski at Bear Creek in 2 weeks.

Heck they'll be open next week just like everywhere else from North Carolina to the North Pole...wahahahah 

• Like 1

I never even went day skiing at Blue mountain until midway through my third season at Blue as all my trips up there were with ski club.  I did Day ski my very first time skiing which was at big Boulder and during my second season skiing went to rocking horse ranch with family up near new paltz NY and they had a small ski hill with a rope tow that I hit up while my parents and sister were riding horses.  The next season after that was my first big mountain skiing at Windham NY I studied that trail map more than Enjorales practices with his trivia team funny but absolutely positively true..

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Often when night skiing the black diamonds have some of the best conditions because they get the least amount of traffic as most of the school kids are on lazy mile, paradise and the park. On a typical session I try to ski every Main run once and then return back to the ones that are the best.  I've had times at Blue where razors edge was so good that I just skied that the entire time same with switchback. 

Last year, I skied Blue once at night due to their $14 special on 2/14. The lift line on the 6 pack was longer than I would have liked, but otherwise I had a blast. My favorite run combo was both Main Streets, and then hitting the terrain park as a nice bonus. After 9, the place emptied out and I even got to avoid the stupid RFID chip reader.

I don't remember too much ice, but it was a weekday so that probably made a difference.

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Last year, I skied Blue once at night due to their $14 special on 2/14. The lift line on the 6 pack was longer than I would have liked, but otherwise I had a blast. My favorite run combo was both Main Streets, and then hitting the terrain park as a nice bonus. After 9, the place emptied out and I even got to avoid the stupid RFID chip reader.

I think this is how PASR prefers trip reports, short and concise just like above. Too bad you guys will have to sift through all my extra details, hahaha.

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Nope. I just really enjoy night skiing. Nothing like skiing under the lights on a cold night with no lines and empty slopes. 

Ski Camelback during the day leave early enough to get the lunch price at Chinese buffet..write report..go to Star Wars at night buy $8.50 medium popcorn and $6 Dr. Pepper..and clap after every preview!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Ski Camelback during the day leave early enough to get the lunch price at Chinese buffet..write report..go to Star Wars at night buy $8.50 medium popcorn and $6 Dr. Pepper..and clap after every preview!!!

Good plan, but if conditions are good (like Hoth level good), I just might stay 'till close again and say to hell with Star Wars. I'll just have to stay off the internet until I see it so I don't know what the big reveal will be this time around ... i.e. who is who's father.

8 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Citing main st as 2 trails

Ah, I thought you meant Main St. is lame. At this point in my career, I prefer wide, moderately pitched straight-shots with no crowds. Main St seemed to fit that criteria perfectly, but it definitely should not be considered two trails.

I guess I bought into their propaganda. Must...go...debrainwash....it's one trail, saltyant, ONE TRAIL!!!

Edited by saltyant

Main Street is divided into upper Main Street and lower Main Street along with Barneys bumps. Here's a good combination..ski skytop then skate up to tuts lane..take connector to the woods next to Main Street I think sleepy hollow to X-ing which is a black diamond across upper Main Street over to switchback then through the woods to lazy mile across lazy mile into the woods to the lower marquee route down across crossover to challenge then before the falls hang a left onto lower sidewinder across to Central Park and into lower park...

• Thanks 1