Zee Lights

skifreak

1 hour ago, eaf said:

I don't see anything going on in the Valley. Not a single gun working. So much for "our one of a kind automated system will take every opportunity of blowing snow".

The automated system can only make snow.  it cant make the weather.  Its not possible.  What ever they were making this morning was really dank anyways.  no, thats not the word i was looking for there....dank describes something else.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, theprogram4 said:

are we expecting any new terrain this weekend?

By Sunday most likely but they'll have to resurface existing terrain as well as a ton of snow is gonna melt in the next 36 hours. Vista will likely be almost completely melted out by tomorrow at this time. Wind warmth rain and fog 

They were confident enough to take groomers on Home Stretch and push Valley School - I'd be surprised if they lost *everything* there or on Vista. Heck, Vista is still a solid foot thick everywhere.

If they skip over upper Main St. In favor of Tut's, Lazy, Home Stretch things look very different than if they first rework Midway, Come Around, Lower Main and Easy Out.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Trust me I've been watching snow melt for years.  Fog eats snow and when it doesn't get near freezing at night the snow actually melts from the bottom as well due to the warm ground...trust me by tomorrow afternoon vista will be nearly bare as well as homestretch. Lower Main Street will be ok.  Then the snowmakers will have their work cut out. 

If they skip over upper Main St. In favor of Tut's, Lazy, Home Stretch things look very different than if they first rework Midway, Come Around, Lower Main and Easy Out.

(Covers both ears with hands)

La la la la I can’t hear you! Need bumps on upper main!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RootDKJ said:

Yuge piles of snow in the valley, or so I've heard.

They actually mowed them down like saturday or sunday at somepoint.  When i was down at the Valley on Sunday and the guns were off, it wasnt quite as an impressive collection of snow as i had thought.  But, every little bit helps.  24-30 hrs more for the good stuff.  

1 hour ago, tarponhead said:

(Covers both ears with hands)

La la la la I can’t hear you! Need bumps on upper main!

They aren't gonna skip over upper Main don't worry because if they get upper Main open then they actually can up the trail count by two adding Barneys bumps as well. 

• Like 1

I would guess that Upper Main and Lazy will run simultaneously and open within a day or two of each other - but we're all guessing based on what Blue's done in the past. I meant to propose the most agressive and most conservative options I saw.

• Like 1