Zee Lights

skifreak

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I can't believe it was 62 in Palmerton today. Ouch! That must have hurt the snowpack a little.

I believe it..and didn't hurt the snowpack much..low sun angle this time of year and short daylight hours..if it was March way more snow would have melted...they'll be blowing in a few hours..Maybe we'll have 70s again in February that was some great bonus spring skiing followed by a foot and a half of freshies in mid march. 

• Like 1

This is all bonus skiing. This coming weekend as well.  And then maybe it will get cooler and more terrain will open!!!!  I'll be at 5 days on December 3rd. Last season didn't even ski till December 14th and still managed 58'days..45 at Blue and 13 in the Rockies. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

Damn inversion.  Nothing blowing up top.  Trying to catch up to Cameltoe in tubing.

According to the scientific weather experiment I conducted this morning (aka drive into work, look at temperature on dashboard) it was 25 at the base. Guns were blowing hard. The top of Blue Mountain Pass however it was a different story... bone dry and 30 degrees. 32 on the back side.
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Gonna be an interestinf weekend for me. Probably only getting out once in the afternoon on sunday

It stinks that they're not going to be open during the week next week. Im ready for some night skiing. Im gonna miss December 23rd and 24th because I'll be in Washington DC

23 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Snowmakers blog indicated they are shooting for upper main street too, which would double the fun, especially if they can get some bumps going.

Yeah I saw but the Facebook page said same as last weekend and it hasn't been cold enough to blow snow up high with inversions. 

3 minutes ago, eaf said:

I don't see anything going on in the Valley. Not a single gun working. So much for "our one of a kind automated system will take every opportunity of blowing snow".

Wet bulb is too high to blow this AM in the valley humidity is near 100% and temperature barely below freezing.  Starting Wednesday night they should be able to blow the majority of the time going into next week. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, eaf said:

I don't see anything going on in the Valley. Not a single gun working. So much for "our one of a kind automated system will take every opportunity of blowing snow".

They were blowing this morning around 5am on lower Main Street and the valley.