Thursday 2/11/16

phillycore

Hero snow on all runs tonight with small patches of hard packed here and there.

Barney's, Nightmare and Challenge bumps were all in excellent shape, with a slight fill from the falling snow.

Snow was falling from the time I got there until I left around 8:30.

Of course, on the way home I had to get behind a pickup truck, but to my surprise they pulled over shortly after I caught up and let me pass!

However, the same couldn't be said for some Jersey driver who was just in front of the pickup.

They did 20-25 MPH from the stoplight at the board shop all the way to 946/987 intersection.

Why people refuse to pull over when they have a string of cars behind them and they insist on driving at a snail's pace continues to baffle me?

• Like 1

Evening report!!!

Hey all,

I'm back from a fun evening session at Blue. I arrived at the lower lot at 650pm and the temperature was in the upper teens with moderate winds. As phillycore said there were a lot of buses prob 20. Atomic Jeff pulled in a few minutes later. I was a full 4 layer player and no polo shirt layer. The six pack had a few minute wait and the quad had a several chair wait so we mainly skied the quad initially. Razors was open but razorback was closed for race clinics. Razors was nice..very nice smooth snow..not much sugar and a few deep ruts which were easily avoided. This report isn't gonna be that long cause we only skied razors edge. Aside from a few yahoos most runs didn't have that many people. I imagine with an almost to capacity six pack and quad the other runs were pretty busy.

Phillycore was in the house but I only saw his car and when we left right before 9pm he was gone. One of the better sessions this year as every run was pleasant and I was pretty warm except for my tippy toes. I even wore my balaclava...by Sunday morning looks like below zero temperatures..on the drive home I had to poop. I drove right through the heart of the A up 7th street as I live on Hamilton street and there were a ton of cars and police activity. There was one car crash and others pulled over which meant I hit every red light on a stretch with staggered lights and heading west on linden street was slow going as well. I didn't shit myself but things went from stage three to stage four in a New York minute. I'll be back up Saturday morning..I don't think a cooler will be necessary for beers gonna be mad brick...JADIP

Canyons has a heated bubble lift

So does Okemo!!! Cost $6 million.
How I cut the line is I always say there's "insert name" and then ski up to near the front. Don't try that shit on a weekend morning or Fritz will go apeshit!!! Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Just got in....I saw your cars and sent Jeff a text on my way out. I did see Jeff on razors but I was on the 6er at the time. I switched back and forth between the quad and the 6. Razors was so nice and only got better once the race ruts got crossed. Fuck even main street was good. Cold as hell out but the first time this season where I didn't cook or fog to death. (Still had my vents open on my jacket and pants though but closed the helmet vent) only an under armour and my jacket. That damn thing is an oven.

I missed flying down Pa hard pack.... Can't believe I said that either....but fast smooth and fun...no speed scrubbing, no boot issues.....challenge is the only thing from main to Paradise that I didn't ski 3 runs on. (Switchback was closed) great afternoon and night even if I didn't get a single run with any PASR....

• Like 1

Probably the session of the year for me...mostly because I got to run razors over and over again in such good conditions. JADIP.

I planned on hitting razors when I got tired of bumps, but by the time I was they closed razors and fired up the guns. Closed the night skiing the glades by lazy... Not bad. Didn't see any sparks flying off my skis so that's a good sign.