Last weekend in February roll call thread

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Might actually get myself out early tomorrow to do this :-)

You don't sound like an early riser...

Hopefully some great spring bump skiing this weekend!

They mowed down all the bumps but I'm sure they'll reseed. Sunday should be nice bumps with the heat.

Very busy this weekend. Need to get a long run in. But I'll be there.

You up to anything fun???

• Like 1

If I make it out it will be Sunday

Nice slather on the sunscreen gonna be sunny and warm.

Wow. Just got off the phone with my buddy and he is AMPED to go ride. Apparently he hasn't strapped in, in over 4 years! He said he's gonna teach me a thing or two about snowboarding. I don't think he knows who he's talking to.

Wow just wow and I feel like I've been slacking this season cause I prob won't even hit 50 days.

Yes, I was at Killington early this week. Huge piles on Superstar Still making snow there and several other places. Just got done at Blue. Conditions amazingly decent. Razors closed, and from what I understand racing there 3 days. Last run down Paradise, snowboarder fell, and Iiterally heard his head hit the ground. he didn't get up very fast. No helmet. Kid is prolly abut 16-17. With his Dad, who says to me "we've never done this " I'm like really, why don't you take a lesson or two, and next time rent helmets. Told Dad they should stop and maybe take the kid to the hospital. I hope kid is ok. I went down again and they were gone.

• Like 1

I feel there are a lot of young kids there with no helmets, and often without any adult supervision during the week. I think they must have some kind of home school special when I'm there on Thursdays. Lots of moms in bottom lodge, chatting. Kids out on the hill.I feel like shaking them, and telling them get out and ride with your kids, they will be some of the best days you've ever had!

• Like 3

I feel there are a lot of young kids there with no helmets, and often without any adult supervision during the week. I think they must have some kind of home school special when I'm there on Thursdays. Lots of moms in bottom lodge, chatting. Kids out on the hill.I feel like shaking them, and telling them get out and ride with your kids, they will be some of the best days you've ever had!

Let the kids have some freedom.

Sunday for me....bringing Mike out, should be interesting....he hasn't been skiing in like 5 years. He has two moves..point them straight down the fall line and hockey stop. Lol

Nice haven't seen Mike since camelback years ago.

Depends on how old the kid is, and if they know how to ski.

True I know when I used to ski with my dad and was middle school aged I never wanted to ski with him cause he was slow. He didn't even like to drive to the mountain in his ski pants. Yes he would go into the lodge and change into snow pants and wouldn't boot up at the car. When I was a kid only racers wore helmets skiing but most kids did riding bikes and rollerblades. The average skill level of people out last night mostly middle school and high school groups was terrible yet they were all lapping the six pack and paradise and lazy mile aren't that easy for newbies. I know I didn't ski lazy mile until my fourth day skiing and didn't even ski switchback until my second season and didn't ski challenge till my third season. Seems like some just leap right into it.

When kids are young, you pretty much should stay with them. As they get older, depending on their skill level, and common sense, you can let them do their own thing. But it's still a lot of fun to be out there , meet up, they show you some new tricks they are learning. I'm not saying be on their back all the time. But if your kid is bombing Challenge- they need a little guidance. 

• Like 2

When kids are young, you pretty much should stay with them. As they get older, depending on their skill level, and common sense, you can let them do their own thing. But it's still a lot of fun to be out there , meet up, they show you some new tricks they are learning. I'm not saying be on their back all the time. But if your kid is bombing Challenge- they need a little guidance.

Cool thanks for the info...The only thing I know about kids is that I was once a kid and I still act like one most of the time. I have a niece and nephew who are 2 and almost 5. Maybe one day I'll take them skiing.

• Like 1