Oktoberfest 2016

indiggio

Isn't it cheaper to be cremated? And someone told me the box of ashes you get isn't necessarily your deceased loved one. It's a bunch of bodies cremated at one time and they just mix the ashes together and divy them up?

Sorry I know you guys are trying to get back to helicopter rides. Haven't been on here in awhile, cell phone service pretty poor where we were, and definitely no internet. Just wondering if you really get whose ashes you think you have.

I really didn't want to hijack this thread again, but at this rate I don't think it's ever going back lol

So a few years ago I actually worked at a funeral home. The director also worked with some other funeral homes, so I got to work with them as well. Basically everyone helped each other out in case someone was busy or short staffed. The one funeral director had his own crematory and he'd cremate for other homes. The cremation unit can only hold one body (unless there are bigger ones, I'm not sure) so I can't see how you'd get multiple people cremated together. Now if someone is doing something unethical, that may be a different story. I can say that when the crematory is busy, I could see how it would be possible for peoples ashes get mixed up if someone doesn't mark them and thus you end up with the wrong ones.

Now with pet cremations, they do have what are called "communal cremations". If you go to your vet when the pet dies you can pay for a private or communal cremation. Private is more expensive but only your pet gets cremated and you get only their ashes back. Communal cremations are done with a bunch of animals so you won't get back just your pets cremains (ashes). Usually in a communal they don't even give back cremains.

Isn't it cheaper to be cremated? And someone told me the box of ashes you get isn't necessarily your deceased loved one. It's a bunch of bodies cremated at one time and they just mix the ashes together and divy them up?

Yeah way cheaper to get cremated than a traditional burial. You don't hav to buy a casket of vault or cemetery plot. If you want an open casket funeral but get cremated they use a rental casket with a liner for the viewing. As for the ashes they do them one at a time at the crematorium but a tiny percent of the matter you receive is gonna be residual from someone else.

root deleted all 12,199 posts i had on here before the banning lol

Really.

And I meant rising cremation rate my bad.