12/20/16...last day at the top

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I'm back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the top lot at 650pm and it was in the mid 20s under dark sky's. Atomic Jeff arrived a few minutes later and on the snow around 7. Conditions were a little icier than yesterday especially on lazy 1.6 kilometers. Also a little more sugar on Main Street and the same dark spots. The bumps on Barneys looked deep and firm but I didn't get after them as I like spring and pow pow bumps. I think GSSucks was there but didn't see him. TheDude4Bides was in the house and a few dozen ski patrollers and maybe 50 other people in total.

After maybe 8-9 runs and an hour and a half we had our Phil like Collins and had a few Hop Ranches in the lodge and the dude showed me a video skiing pow at winter park which was good for stoke. By the time I left at 930 it was down to about 20 degrees and felt as cold as last night. There was a cat in the lot that I felt bad for I wish I had some food to give it and yesterday we saw a fox in the lot. There was also an older gentleman who chatted with us because he saw atomic jeffs Jackson hole hat. A safety hazard is that with the new parking lot setup at the top people are going the wrong way in the second row which could cause a catastrophe. I almost wrote a demerit to someone but my pen was frozen. Tomorrow I'm not skiing gonna run a shit ton of errands and do Xmas shopping and practice for karaoke but will be out Thursday night to enjoy the lower lot and the poconos coldest six pack.

Only on PASR would four times out in the first week feel like slacking but a lot of people are really getting after it including Toast and TheDude!!! Again hats off to the snowmakers. The piles are massive and the amount of open terrain will more than double by the weekend.

Fun morning solstice ski with jr, nice cord on upper main. Saw toast, tp4 and vtm from the flying couch but we were out of sync and never got a run with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the cord this morning was niiiiiice before the traffic. Like butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk