Shawnee 2-9

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Hit Shawnee with the kids this afternoon. First day one of them skied with a cast on her arm (from a fall at Frost a month ago), meaning she could not use poles. Cast was actually scheduled to come off today but doctor cancelled due to snow which is what freed us up to ski.

They had gotten 7 inches of real light fluffy powder there. Way different from the heavy wet stuff I had shoveled out of in the AM. Unfortunately the winds were very high so it had blown straight off some of the trails, but we found a few that had real nice powdery stuff to ski in that you rarely find in PA. Deep enough we had to hunt to find a buried ski once. Nicest runs were Country Club and Delaware, with some nice skiable coverage in the trees alongside them as well. Pennsylvania also had a real nice surface.

Skied from about 3 to 530. Only had one lift running (high speed quad) but line never exceeded 5 min. Nice midweek bonus.

Day 30 for one girl day 29 for the other. About as much skiing as I had done by the end of college. Go dad!

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 3

No I went in Philly, but didn't have a car until senior year. Probably made it past day 30 that year. Then I moved to NYC and started doing a lot more skiing, generally in the Catskills.

Really only started skiing when I started driving as my parents did not do it (they took me maybe 4 times before then and I had done a school trip to Elk), and then lacked a car most of college.

Glad to hear it went well and she didn't hurt the arm. I always said I'd get a hard cast so I could keep riding. Can't let that set me back.

My first day this year was on a broken foot. Ski boots are basically soft casts anyway so wasn't gonna let a boot cast hold me back.

The orthopedist had said she was fine to ski with the cast. I wasn't even going to go there, but my ex wife piped up in the appointment where she got the cast "She shouldn't ski with it, right?"

The doctor said. "I would. Anything she can do with the cast is fine for her to do. It will protect her."

Thanks ex wife :-)

Best I can tell she is doing part time intermittent daycare work. I expect she is either relying on Obamacare or rolling the dice. About a week before the divorce she initiated was finalized (a divorce she pursued with a scorched earth legal strategy, firing succesive attorneys when they started advising her to settle) her third divorce attorney came up with some cockamamie scheme to remain technically married while she received alimony so she would not lose her coverage on my insurance.

Yeah right, that's gonna happen. Should have thought about that a year ago before setting us down this road. I had been determined to stay in a loveless marriage for the sake of the kids (glad in retrospect that we did not, for them as much as for me).

Yeah those 20+ million people newly insured absolutely hate having health coverage.

It's bad for people like me who's premiums have been rising 25-30% each year for the last few years. Off topic but after just paying $7,000 for two months of health insurance for me and two families I'd be willing to pay a little more in taxes for universal health care.

It's bad for people like me who's premiums have been rising 25-30% each year for the last few years. Off topic but after just paying $7,000 for two months of health insurance for me and two families I'd be willing to pay a little more in taxes for universal health care.

That's not the fault of the ACA. The ACA was far from a disaster and there are clearly areas within that law that need to be improved. But yeah, universal health care would be nice. 

• Like 1

Doctors can certainly do something about insurance companies not paying them. They can opt not to be part of their network and to demand payment up front from patients who then have to seek reimbursement.

Lots of doctors do that, if they are in demand enough to be able to pull it off.

The Republicans hate universal health care even more than the ACA. Until we get the money out of politics that's never going to happen. Look at our totally unqualified so-called Education Secretary. She bought that position.

Yeah my teacher friends are pissed. I don't care about education. My public education was completed almost two decades ago.

Yeah my teacher friends are pissed. I don't care about education. My public education was completed almost two decades ago.

So you don't care about your friends who are teachers, those who are in education, or those who are going to be receiving any education?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you don't care about your friends who are teachers, those who are in education, or those who are going to be receiving any education?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I've always believed the children are our future but they'll be fine...and with the internet including Wikipedia and YouTube you can learn about anything for essentially nothing.

• Like 1