3/10/17...pow day!!! Dumping..RFG!!!

Hey all,

I'm back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I woke up this morning at 6am and it was sort of a rain snow mix but by the time I left for the hill at 650am it was dumping with snow covering the grass. Stopped at WaWa on the way up for a pork roll, egg and cheese sang and soft pretzel for later and arrived in the lower lot around 740am and Moe Ghoul was already there. Also in the house were Toast and JFDan.

By opening bell at 830am there was about 3" of new snow on the heavier side covering the groomed snow. First run on nightmare Dreamweaver was a delight with maybe one track from a patroller..had to repeat that with large swaths of untracked. A lot of people didn't make opening bell and the first several runs were so empty. Sidewinder early was delightful and I had some of the best turns of my lyfe on X-ing. Razors was a little slick on the top headwall but the middle section and razorback yielded untracked sections of snow until at least 930am which is just epic to me. If the new snow fell on a weekends or when it was crowded the fresh would have lost about 6 minutes. From 8:30am-10am at least another inch fell with huge popcorn flakes coming down.

Went to the lot a little after 10am for some beer then back on the slopes for a couple more runs and things were still nice but definitely sloppy seconds...the new snow was fast enough on the steeper pitches but very slow and sticky on homestretch I expect the snow to set up solid tonight and a grooming will make for super nice and faster conditions tomorrow morning. In the words of Ice Cube...Today was a good day!!! JADIP

RFG stands for really fucking good!!!

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

Was pretty cool skiing with TGR mags two days in a row...also saw bumper Chris having a blast with his son and Terry was getting after it as well so I think I knew about 12.5% of the people there.

Toast hooked me up with this beer was pretty good. post-512-0-14893600-1489170924_thumb.jpeg

I didn't take many pictures but just nice to see everything covered in snow and be out there while the snow was falling. The several runs of untracked just icing on the cake.

post-512-0-66175100-1489170984_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Free hot dog from the Skibum tent for another win. Fun skiing with everybody, did 4 runs with Gepeto and left around 12:30. Hope Blue gets blasted this week if you missed out this AM. Slopes looked like they had been flayed and all that was left were ribs of ice the color of old grey dishwater.

• Like 1