Official 2017-2018 Opening Day Thread

saltyant

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You were on the lift with Ski2Live wow just wow none of us have met him except Shadows 

We werent sitting together. He posted the same time I did last week when we were stuck for hours. I assumed I had met him at the intro but I didnt rememeber what everyones name was.

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

CB just posted some sick previews of the pistes for tomorrow. Coverage looks pretty dank. Cant wait to be first in line and scoop up all that fresh powdery cord. Best part is Ill get preferred parking, so only 2 flights of steps instead of 3.

Weed  is dank.  Snow is never dank.  Cord is never powdery. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Hmm, CB replied to my query a out conditions with a statement that they "vary" but offer a free return pass if unsatisfied with conditions in first hour. Maybe Blue after all. Or CB, followed by Blue, if CB sux and I use guarantee.

I think their coverage is going to be very thin in spots. They're listing the base as 8-24 inches. I suspect a dude wrote that report. 

Seems like a good opportunity to turn a $25 ticket into a $50+ ticket tho. Of course, they'll probably only issue a midweek ticket or a $25 gift card due to the reduced rate 

6 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I think their coverage is going to be very thin in spots. They're listing the base as 8-24 inches. I suspect a dude wrote that report. 

Seems like a good opportunity to turn a $25 ticket into a $50+ ticket tho. Of course, they'll probably only issue a midweek ticket or a $25 gift card due to the reduced rate 

They posted on FB they will give a pass good for a return any other day. May well check it out for two runs and if it bites take the free return pass and head for Blue. 

I might end up at Blue. Getting annoyed with CB. First no First Trax, and now no preferred parking despite that their website clearly says "Preferred parking on Saturday & Sunday is also available Free to the first 20 Super Pass holders." WTF?

" Camelback has allocated a significant number of preferred parking spots for a nominal fee of $20.00 on weekends and holidays. " My definition of "nominal" is way different.

Edited by saltyant

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I might end up at Blue. Getting annoyed with CB. First no First Trax, and now no preferred parking despite that their website clearly says "Preferred parking on Saturday & Sunday is also available Free to the first 20 Super Pass holders." WTF?

" Camelback has allocated a significant number of preferred parking spots for a nominal fee of $20.00 on weekends and holidays. " My definition of "nominal" is way different.

You would go to Blue even though you have a season pass at Camelback...wow just wow 

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

It's a possibility. I mean why even have a season pass there if the perks on their website are false?

image.thumb.png.067b3e3b327d6df182ba7ffd669925da.png

It's early season and you are complaining about having to park 50 yards farther SMHerman I don't think they typically have the first tracks season pass holder perk the first weekend of the season when there's one trail open. You should be walking on sunshine that they're opening tomorrow even if it's an inferior product to what Blue has and should also be happy that you don't need to navigate the variable conditions on midway..can get your ski legs back on easier terrain.  

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It's early season and you are complaining about having to park 50 yards farther SMHerman I don't think they typically have the first tracks season pass holder perk the first weekend of the season when there's one trail open. You should be walking on sunshine that they're opening tomorrow even if it's an inferior product to what Blue has and should also be happy that you don't need to navigate the variable conditions on midway..can get your ski legs back on easier terrain.  

Of course I'm really excited, but I just wanted to park in that coveted "preferred parking" lot at least once. Another dream shattered.

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is this your first season with a pass at Camelback?

Got it last March. I was parking in the lot between the 2 high speed lifts, which is excellent. However, that's obviously not an option tomorrow and I hate walking up all the steps in boots.

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You can still park there just pay $20 lol

Naaaah. I calculated the cost is about $0.27 per footstep for preferred parking.

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The snow looks great dank and powdery like a marijuana cocaine speedball.

They have one more night to groom. I'll post pics tomorrow once I'm the first person on the mountain to see how they did.

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If you park between the two high speed lifts, what lift do you start on?  Did you work at Montage before?

Nope, actually worked at Eagle Rock for 2 seasons and 2 days as a lift attendant. I posted the Montage pass as a joke to a friend, since we skiied there last March the weekend after the storm and it was a joke.

I start on Stevenson, but last year they made me stand there for 30 minutes until they opened the lift. Apparently Sullivan opens at 7:30 but Stevenson doesn't open until 8:00. So I need to re-strategize this year to optimize First Trax.

Edited by saltyant

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Walking up steps in ski boots...wahhh cry me a river. 

I already broke two straps off my boots by walking down steps. One was from exiting the Camelback shuttle because I had to park several football fields away. Never go there at 2 pm on a weekend or you'll park in the boonies.