Official 2017-2018 Opening Day Thread

saltyant

I drew this (below) on the garbage can in case I could use it in my trip report for trolling purposes. Ironically, they featured it in their promo video today. I think I deserve some compensation for my artistic genius.
image.thumb.jpeg.855d331a081e59f6e0319aea7dd2c321.jpeg
While compensating you make sure you tell them that you're moving to Blue next season

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

But it was all flat terrain and 8 days later than blue. 

For me the high speed lift makes such a huge difference. I get bored on slow fixed-grip lifts, but I think 3.5 minutes on the high speed quad is perfect.

Yes, I know Blue might open their 6 pack next weekend. But as for opening day, CB is the true winner.

Not so sure now. Ski2Live and I agreed that Camelback had the best opening day.
To quote you... .

"I might end up at Blue. Getting annoyed with CB. First no First Trax, and now no preferred parking despite that their website clearly says "Preferred parking on Saturday & Sunday is also available Free to the first 20 Super Pass holders." WTF?
" Camelback has allocated a significant number of preferred parking spots for a nominal fee of $20.00 on weekends and holidays. " My definition of "nominal" is way different.

There are other similar posts but I don't feel like looking
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

"I might end up at Blue. Getting annoyed with CB. First no First Trax, and now no preferred parking despite that their website clearly says "Preferred parking on Saturday & Sunday is also available Free to the first 20 Super Pass holders." WTF?

I know, those were pretty upsetting. Especially the preferred parking issue. But I think their terrain and snow quality today made up for it. By mid-afternoon, it almost felt like mid-January skiing. No death cookies, hardly any ice, no mashed potatoes.

Edited by saltyant

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I know, those were pretty upsetting. Especially the preferred parking issue. But I think their terrain and snow quality today made up for it. By mid-afternoon, it almost felt like mid-January skiing. No death cookies, hardly any ice, no mashed potatoes.

Yeah, snow doesn't move around very much when there's not enough pitch to make anyone turn.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Yeah, snow doesn't move around very much when there's not enough pitch to make anyone turn.

It was tracked out on Upper Marc Antony the first half of the day, but seemed to improve by the afternoon. Honeymoon was really icy at the top early on, but it also got much better later in the day.

I'm still a little rusty, but feel a lot more confident after doing 51 runs today. Got my turns pretty consistent. I think I was relying on the poles too much because my hand started to hurt really bad, as I was gripping them too hard, so I ditched them and started skiing much better.

Edited by saltyant

Mid January?? When this happens... (I'll use another one of your quotes)

"Mostly both high speed lifts, but I think I used some of the slower lifts, like Old Bailey, once the New Jersey gapers flooded the lines on Sullivan & Stevenson"

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Mid January?? When this happens... (I'll use another one of your quotes)

"Mostly both high speed lifts, but I think I used some of the slower lifts, like Old Bailey, once the New Jersey gapers flooded the lines on Sullivan & Stevenson"

I meant condition-wise. The crowds were non-existent. I never waited more than 15 seconds to board the lift. Yes, by Mid-Jan it will be a cluster bleep.

Edited by saltyant

8 hours ago, saltyant said:

...But I think their terrain and snow quality today made up for it. By mid-afternoon, it almost felt like mid-January skiing. No death cookies, hardly any ice, no mashed potatoes.

hardly any ice...

8 hours ago, saltyant said:

...Honeymoon was really icy at the top early on,....

Wait, what?

• Like 1