Mid-week Opening

toast21602

29 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

What do folks expect Blue will have open Sat?

Probably just everything that's open now, plus Falls to Homestretch to get to the 6 pack, ditto whatever that flat jawn is that goes from the double double over to Homestretch, and Tuts lane to connect the top of the lift to the open terrain. 

But you never know. They are blowing snow like crazy. If they want to they could add more

• Like 1

4 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Probably just everything that's open now, plus Falls to Homestretch to get to the 6 pack, ditto whatever that flat jawn is that goes from the double double over to Homestretch, and Tuts lane to connect the top of the lift to the open terrain. 

But you never know. They are blowing snow like crazy. If they want to they could add more

It's freaking 12' out now and clear skies, perfect weather for blowing tons of snow.

I would think Paradise may be coming online, may be Sunday?

They're grooming Homestretch right now.

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Sure we do.  It's mostly (~90%) pass holders from 8:00-:835.

That's what I was thinking and if non season pass holders want to ski with season passholders and arrive early they can at Blue. At Camelback they'd be 100% out of luck and have to sit in the lodge and drink cocoa for an hour. 

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That's what I was thinking and if non season pass holders want to ski with season passholders and arrive early they can at Blue. At Camelback they'd be 100% out of luck and have to sit in the lodge and drink cocoa for an hour. 

7 runs in the first hour on good days, all to ourselves.  14-18 runs before 10:30 beers on the really fast days.

Will be skiing early on Sat and most likely Blue as I have recording session at either 1 or 2 in Lahaska.

Blue really not much more open than CB unless more is added. Both have effectively 3 TTB runs. But Blue wins based on having about 50% more vertical open, at least until it gets mobbed.

Blue likely for me based on it being closer to Lahaska, my planning to go early, and my having bought a couple of those $39 tix in November that I need to use up.

But if tonight's recording session goes real late it may not happen.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

31 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Will be skiing early on Sat and most likely Blue as I have recording session at either 1 or 2 in Lahaska.

Blue really not much more open than CB unless more is added. Both have effectively 3 TTB runs. But Blue wins based on having about 50% more vertical open, at least until it gets mobbed.

Blue likely for me based on it being closer to Lahaska, my planning to go early, and my having bought a couple of those $39 tix in November that I need to use up.

But if tonight's recording session goes real late it may not happen.

Nice Ski2Live see you in the line for first six pack. 

22 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

If I make it there for opening I will be skiing down to the 6 pack, likely on my only Burma run of the day.

Oh yeah you park at the top lodge because it saves on gas.  I wouldn't want to waste my first run on Burma. 

Just leave at 6am like the philly people do. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2017 at 1:24 PM, AtomicSkier said:

Salty...I'll just give you the $5 next time I see you so I don't have to listen to you bitch about it.

I cannot accept your money, Atomic, but I will bet you $5 that I can not not not not not not not not not not not not not beat you down the mountain.

Edited by saltyant

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

There's 3 TTB runs so I will hit them all. Burma is a good first run as it is a little out of the way from the 6 pack. Will otherwise alternate Main St/Shuttle and Lazy/Falls. If 6 pack gets too crowded may do Vista/Midway off double chair.

6 pack won't get too crowded it's early season. If the 6 pack was open during last Sunday's shitstorm there'd be zero lift lines. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Wow, this is actually genius. I need to take some lessons from Ski2Live on how to save money.

I could give everyone here lessons on saving money (and do). But I can't say I ever even consider saving $ by parking up top.

I've been driving 1:40. I get to a sign that says Blue Mountain. I have two choices.

A. Park and ski

B. Drive more, park, ride lift, ski. Then have longer drive home.

Not a real tough call. Plus I started coming here when this was the only lot. 

I parked at the bottom once when I was taking my daughter tubing.

I do park at the bottom lot at CB. Less driving and less walking.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I've been driving 1:40. I get to a sign that says Blue Mountain. I have two choices...

Good theory. However, I prefer parking at the bottom of mountains because I find it more enjoyable on the last run to ride the lift and then do the last run, as opposed to doing the run and then riding the lift last. Just like how I eat all the boring pieces of Lucky Charms first and save the marshmallows for last.

Edited by saltyant