Trip Report - 1/6/2018

saltyant

On 1/7/2018 at 1:54 PM, saltyant said:

Just had a $5 hamburger. Delicious! I'll admit lodge food can be really good, despite the prices were forced to pay due to convenience.

CB is pretty rad today. I plan to do an actual ski trip report later today at the request of Steeze.

$5 is cheap for a ski area Hamburger. 

53 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

That's a choice, not your destiny. It's easy to become a competent intermediate; It takes a shitload of work to get off that plateau and become a really good skier. I'm still stuck, and I work like hell. I'm at Blue right now giving my legs a break. Blame the conditions if you want, but look around at all the people styling that icy hardpack. I want to be like them.

I look forward to skiing with you someday; we can commiserate!

Conditions aren't good at Blue???

49 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I was skiing poorly on Saturday night when it was icy, but much better and like a boss on Sunday when the snow was nice. Yes, expert skiers do well regardless of conditions, so it's something I aspire to.

Im sure I'll meet you soon or next season if I get a season pass for Blue. I guess I will so I can ski better trails and have people to ski with every now and then, but I keep reading negative reports on Blues queue management. But at this time I tenatively plan to give Blue a try at least for one season.

Blues liftline management is fine...it hasn't been real crowded yet. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

$5 is cheap for a ski area Hamburger. 

I originally had a double cheeseburger But it costs $7.99 so I put it back and got a single without the slice of cheese. $3 extra is too much for one patty and one slice of cheese. It was a really tasty burger though. The burger I had for lunch today was awful and I couldn't even finish it.

Edited by saltyant

Just now, saltyant said:

I originally had a double cheeseburger But it costs $7.99 so I put it back and got a single without the slice of cheese. $3 extra is too much for one party and one slice of cheese. It was a really tasty burger though. The burger I had for lunch tofay was awful and I couldn't even finish it.

Where was Burger you had for lunch from???  

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Maybe today but overall it's me, toast than shadows...are you really still thinking about not getting a blue season pass??

Well nothings ever definite. What If they double the price or something? Even if the probability is 99.99% that's still not definite.

19 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Maybe today but overall it's me, toast than shadows...are you really still thinking about not getting a blue season pass??

He did mention that it's only one more year before he'll advance to the next tier of CB passes. So I'm kind of surprised that he's not doing it the other way around. I.e. get CB for another year, and only then switch to BM.

Just now, eaf said:

He did mention that it's only one more year before he'll advance to the next tier of CB passes. So I'm kind of surprised that he's not doing it the other way around. I.e. get CB for another year, and only then switch to BM.

That's dumb considering Blue opens before Camelback..has lots of people to ski with, has longer and more interesting runs and way way better snowmaking.  

42 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

True. My sense of "humor" mostly enterains myself, but I'm glad they still let me post

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SallyCat said:

True. My sense of "humor" mostly enterains myself, but I'm glad they still let me post

Same with me. I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to last here after posting about a stupid meme in another TR, but at least I entertained myself for a few minutes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I see you as somebody who orders burgers and steaks well done. Amiright or amiright?

Yeah how'd you guess??? I was actually thinking about that today, and don't understand why it's considered uncool to order well done burgers and steaks.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That's dumb considering Blue opens before Camelback..has lots of people to ski with, has longer and more interesting runs and way way better snowmaking.  

I was astonished when I came across this old school trip report.

https://www.paskiandride.com/forums/topic/13848-tr-camelback-3-28-2009/

I love how it says you guys "tackled the steeps". :P:clap:P:o

Yeah, yeah, I'll probably get a Blue pass and see how I like it next season (and starting this Feb). I believe CB is $399 and Blue is $449, so it's only $50 more. Next year CB will be $599 for me.

Edited by saltyant

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I love how it says you guys "tackled the steeps". :P:clap:P:o

Yeah, yeah, I'll probably get a Blue pass and see how I like it next season (and starting this Feb). I believe CB is $399 and Blue is $449, so it's only $50 more. Next year CB will be $599 for me.

Yup left to right RideDE(only time I met him), Me(a few pounds lighter), Nazareth Jay, Atomic Jeff, JFDan(he was smartass then and first time I met him) and Johnny Style. 

I think the comment about steeps was tongue tongue in cheek. 

IMG_2223.PNG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, saltyant said:

I originally had a double cheeseburger But it costs $7.99 so I put it back and got a single without the slice of cheese. $3 extra is too much for one patty and one slice of cheese. It was a really tasty burger though. The burger I had for lunch today was awful and I couldn't even finish it.

This is not good logic. If you're establishing the price of a patty plus slice of cheese at $3, let's assume .25 for the cheese, meaning the patty is $2.75. You got one patty and a bun for $4.99, so the bun cost $2.24. Hope it was a hell of a bun. The extra patty and the cheese for $3 is the only way to prorate the cost of the bun to make the sandwich a good value.

• Like 1

I love how it says you guys "tackled the steeps". [emoji14]:clap[emoji14][emoji33]

That was almost a decade ago. We were tackling steeps while you were in diapers.

Holy shit that was almost 10 years ago.
  • Sad 1

Yup left to right RideDE(only time I met him), Me(a few pounds lighter), Nazareth Jay, Atomic Jeff, JFDan(he was smartass then and first time I met him) and Johnny Style. 

I think the comment about steeps was tongue tongue in cheek. 
IMG_2223.thumb.PNG.7b4ff9bb9b076fbe1b277b1439de3c68.PNG
I know the guy who took that pic. Really cool dude.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1