01/10 - Mountain Creek. Wow.

eaf

48 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I agree, that sounds awful. That's one major reason I like CB so much; hardly any flat terrain that requires a lot of exertion when they're fully open. The Stevenson side is amazing and zero effort is required at all! I believe Blue is similar but haven't hit every trail there yet to know for sure.

Gondolas are fun! I love riding the gondies at Killington. My favorite is the very end of Great Eastern when I get the Skyeship Stage 1 Gondola all to myself.

It's just a connecting lift. How many peaks do you have at CB?? Terrain here surpasses every other mountain nearby. When there's snow ;)

I'll give it to you eaf. You do get after it. Never been and don't see myself skiing there any time soon but between this report and Root's glowing praise for the place (wink wink) I now know that I don't necessarily want to.

I am kinda kicking myself for not skiing at Blue tonight now. Tomorrow night... if the weather isn't terrible.

6 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

False. There are a few good runs but let’s not get carried away. 

Well, the terrain is really vast. And the trails vary a lot. I don't remember seeing it this open, perhaps you've been constrained in the past as well.

Right now I'm inclined to just stay at Bear/South peak and loop it, it's just that good, but need to make an effort and come back to the other side. Because it's even better there.

Edited by eaf

Oh, fuck! It's already 8, and that gondola lift is closing at 8:30. Time certainly flies here. I came at 3, and really don't remember where these 5 hours went. Must be on that single meditative lift run.

I don't think I'll make it to Vernon and back :(

35 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I never been there. Have no desire to go. If I'm going to drive 2 hours, I'd rather go to Elk. 

I'm not trying to convince you, lol. But it's a kind of childish attitude. Like my daughter who's conservative to the extreme. Between White Face and Jack Frost she would've picked JF simply because she's never been at WF, and is hesitant or afraid to try.

19 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Eaf now I know where you should buy a season pass and you won't have to drive all the way into PA 

Nah. Snow is not consistent here to justify a pass. Plus I would rather not pledge allegiance and keep my freedom instead.

I'll be at Blue this Monday, at MC Wednesday and probably next weekend too. Need to finish it up while there's still snow ;)

Edited by eaf

7 minutes ago, eaf said:

I'm not trying to convince you, lol. But it's a kind of childish attitude. Like my daughter who's conservative to the extreme. Between White Face and Jack Frost she would've picked JF simply because she's never been at WF, and is hesitant or afraid to try.

How old is your daughter? Anyway I never knew MC was better than blue..all the NJ plates at Blue mountain must not have seen the light. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, eaf said:

What I really loved was Dolomites. There we didn't have enough hours in a week to explore them all.

Nice when were you in the Dolomites??  Eaf are you coming with us to Jackson hole in two weeks??  Our Newark to Jackson flight is sold out but we can get you on something connecting in Denver..demos are $5 an hour. 

5 minutes ago, eaf said:

No it's not a childish attitude. I'm not afraid or hesitant to try anything new. I started skiing when I was in my mid 40's, not many people will do that, love it and stick with it. Anything I've ever read or heard about Mountain Creek sounds like it sucks. Why would I waste my time or money? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, momskeeztoo said:

No it's not a childish attitude. I'm not afraid or hesitant to try anything new. I started skiing when I was in my mid 40's, not many people will do that, love it and stick with it. Anything I've ever read or heard about Mountain Creek sounds like it sucks. Why would I waste my time or money? 

I just studied the trail map and it doesn't look good. 

Yeah, you're right. I should've said "irrational" or "conservative", children generally are more inclined to explore.

You all crack me up. "I've read it sucks", "I've studied map, and it's no good". I've just been there. It's awesome NOW. Don't know what's gonna be there in a week or two. I admit, on average snow here is not good.

But you're all like a broken record. True Blue... Light of Blue... Really, whatever makes you feel good. Yeah BM is great. This doesn't mean there's not something better. Come out of your comfy circles and see for yourself.

• Like 1