1/14/18...Cold..better snow..a lot of PASRs

GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 minutes ago, eaf said:

Yeah and speaking of blowing snow, I doubt they did. Blue ice is already showing all over the place. Paradise is the worst. Lazy started all hard, Sidewinder was in between. 

Based on the webcams it looks like they blew snow over in vista. Anyway you're on race skis so ice is nice. Main Street had the best conditions yesterday morning.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

OK, I'm too lazy to create a separate thread for this, and it may not even be worth it...

At the opening Paradise was the best. Soft, nice, a real pleasure... Within an hour big spots of ice started to show.

Lazy had plenty of broken ice groomed into the top layer, so the ride was hard. Since then the upper part soften up, became real nice, but the mid part got scraped to ice.

Sidewinder was pleasant until overcrowded.

Switchback is pure ice. I'm sorry for all the folks who have clearly ended up there by mistake and were struggling to get down.

Main Street was good.

All in all, if JF gets an A+ for tomorrow snow and skiing pleasure, this is a C-.

On the positive side...  Until 10 it was decent.

I'vefinished demoing of the Navigators. Took them deliberately short, 80/172, to compare to last Enforcer 93/177.

They were wiggly at that length, but still held me well in turns. Kudos for the ice handling. A 179 or longer (taking into account rocker) would be good for me.

They also were much-much more amortized compared to my Atomics. Same as Enforcer, maybe even more. I swapped with my daughter for a few runs, and she said that they were hundred time better than my Atomics. For her they also held better on ice than Elans, and overall more stable and comfortable.

The tech who was tuning Navigators for me said that he loved the 85/179 for their versatility. They could do both GS and SL skiing.

24 minutes ago, eaf said:

OK, I'm too lazy to create a separate thread for this, and it may not even be worth it...

At the opening Paradise was the best. Soft, nice, a real pleasure... Within an hour big spots of ice started to show.

Lazy had plenty of broken ice groomed into the top layer, so the ride was hard. Since then the upper part soften up, became real nice, but the mid part got scraped to ice.

Sidewinder was pleasant until overcrowded.

Switchback is pure ice. I'm sorry for all the folks who have clearly ended up there by mistake and were struggling to get down.

Main Street was good.

All in all, if JF gets an A+ for tomorrow snow and skiing pleasure, this is a C-.

Jack Frost has always had better snow conditions than Blue mountain.  That is not news...

Eaf did you start skiing at 8am? 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich