1/27 - cum se cum sa

indiggio

Arrived in the lot about 7:30am to a big inversion, 27 at top, 22 in the lot.  Surprised to see Bumphead Chris parked directly across from me, as he's been spending his time skiing with his son at Bear Crick.  Good to see he's out slumming it at Blue for a day!  Looking up the mountain, I saw a lowly groomer at the top of Main Street, perhaps they reset Barney's?  Would be nice, as reports from Friday indicate the bumps were a total disaster.  Maybe they even seeded Chute?

With the expectations of sun and warmth, went pretty light on the layers, knowing I'd have to be a bit cold in the morning until the sun came over the ridge and heated the valley air. 
Rode up the 6 and came down Challenge which was quite good, with a few grooming hiccups and a couple of large marbles lying about.  The snow was fast!

Went over to NM/DW to find they seeded bumps on NM, so I slipped them with the bumpheads and made our way down DW which was also quite good.
Took a ride down Sidewinder and Switchback, both of which were pertty good, but nothing to write home Mom about.

Over to Barney's, which they did reset, so we slipped them a number of laps to break them in.
The temps started to come up as the sun came over the ridge, but it just never got warm enough for the boiler to soften in the troughs.
The lower set of Barney's was far better than the upper, as you could get an edge in to keep the speed down.

Around 2:30, Tarpon and I decided to go back and check out NM bumps.  Due to the sun angle, they had softened quite nicely and with the lack of traffic, there was no ice in the troughs.
We made a few laps through them and hit the lot for some apres beers.

Not too bad of a day, but not anything great either and definitely nothing to match the Jackson reports.  Damn!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I was there satruday morning for a few hours.  Thought it was going to get a lot warmer, a lot earlier, but it didn't.  Stopped at about 12:30 and it was starting to feel like the warm air was rolling in.  Pretty fun morning though - bumps were a let down, but Switchback, DW, main street were all nice...Sidewinder was death cookies.  Good time.

12 minutes ago, tnt said:

Yeah, I was there satruday morning for a few hours.  Thought it was going to get a lot warmer, a lot earlier, but it didn't.  Stopped at about 12:30 and it was starting to feel like the warm air was rolling in.  Pretty fun morning though - bumps were a let down, but Switchback, DW, main street were all nice...Sidewinder was death cookies.  Good time.

We thought the same, that it would warm up faster, but the temps and sun just struggled.   Upper Barney bumps were pretty bad, but the lower section wasn't too bad.
We ended up on NM bumps that had what little sun there was, beating on them.  They were sweet around 2:30pm.

15 minutes ago, tnt said:

Sounds dynamite