TR 2/2

SallyCat

This was my first evening with the school ski club and the ride up was a bit spicy because the elderly 9-passenger vans we have to drive kept getting buffeted by strong wind gusts.  With about three inches of play in the steering column, I'm glad we managed to stay in our own lane.

On the mountain, though, there was hardly any wind and it was really comfortable if you were bundled up properly.

The snow was non-awesome but far from the worst I've seen.  Lots of granular over ice patches, but some nice stretches of decent snow as well.  Pharaoh into Bactrian was the run of the evening; according to a ski patroller, it opened late today (2pm) so hadn't seen the scrapey-offy traffic that the other trails had. Rhodo-Glen and Pocono Raceway were outstanding as well. Nile Mile was underwhelming--too much ice to be really fun.

Liftlines were never more than three or four chairs deep. The lodge was crowded with school kids, but not uncomfortably so. Just lots of Middle School energy all over the place. 

I stopped skiing around 7-ish I think, so a solid two hours.  The kids were fading from the cold and the ice and wanted to leave early, so I drove half the group home.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shadows said:

Nice. Ill be up friday doing the proper jerry cb thing and skiblading.

Awesome. I didn't know you ski Camelback. We really need to do a PASR Camelback day since so many PASR posters ski there. So far I think we can get you, SallyCat, Ski2Live, eaf, and Enjorales. I think TP4 might be interested also because he mentioned to me that he likes Camelback.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Awesome. I didn't know you ski Camelback. We really need to do a PASR Camelback day since so many PASR posters ski there. So far I think we can get you, SallyCat, Ski2Live, eaf, and Enjorales. I think TP4 might be interested also because he mentioned to me that he likes Camelback.

shadows, jeff, and myself are all former CB pass holders.  i get crap on here cause i think CB is second best mountain in PA lol.  i want to get back to CB and Bear Creek because along with blue, those were the 3 mountains i was raised at

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

shadows, jeff, and myself are all former CB pass holders.  i get crap on here cause i think CB is second best mountain in PA lol.  i want to get back to CB and Bear Creek because along with blue, those were the 3 mountains i was raised at

Great! I nominate myself as the official 2017-2018 PASR day at Camelback Mountain. Later in February or in March, I will post one random Sunday as PASR Camelback day. I predict we will have at least 50 attendees.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2