Okemo and Season Passes

SallyCat

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

I'll do that on Wednesday. The groomers here are fantastic, I just hate getting stuck down at the main lodge. I've already goofed 3 times and ended up there again. Now I'm planning my roots ahead of time to make sure I end at a real lift.

Have you had a chance to eat anything on your trip?

18 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

Boot up at Jackson Gore to avoid the steps and the slow lift at the main lodge.

Is the short lift up from JGore much faster than those up from Clocktower. Can't say I ever paid attention to duration. Either way it is a pain to have to take a short lift to access the main lift. 

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice I like hearing that you got to sample some of the local cuisine. I remember when you were going to go to the all you can eat salad bar at killington like five years ago.  That was rad. 

Yeah, Domino's is the best pizza but I can only eat it once in a while because it burns my digestive system. All that pizza talk in the lot on Saturday made me hungry.

Wow I forgot about that buffet place. It was a place just off the mountain, like a barn or something. Maybe I'll go there tomorrow when I go back to Killington. 

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yeah, Domino's is the best pizza but I can only eat it once in a while because it burns my digestive system. All that pizza talk in the lot on Saturday made me hungry.

Wow I forgot about that buffet place. It was a place just off the mountain, like a barn or something. Maybe I'll go there tomorrow when I go back to Killington. 

Yeah wobbly barn, it’s not a buffet, it’s a steak house which happens to have a soup and salad bar.  

edit: looking at their menu, I don’t see any mention of their salad bar.  Covid may have put an end to that.  Id get the prime rib or strip steak or steak frites. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@SallyCat Some haters gave your Okemo thread a one star rating. Not cool. Do you still ski RTM 170s?

I remember the first time you asked about RTMs and Johnny Law said those were a jerry ski.  SallyCat used to ski on RTMs which were actually a 171 length and had a microchip in them as they were the elite version not the Gerald version one point suck.

• Thanks 1

@saltyantthere used to be a steakhouse called the sirloin saloon in Rutvegas that had an elite salad bar.  It had to be at least 25 feet long. Me and atomic Jeff went there with phillycore once and when he ordered his steak they asked him if he wanted the small steak or the large steak and wow that was a dumb question.   Id say always get the larger can always bring a doggie bag or share it with Root and Sibhusky 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@saltyantthere used to be a steakhouse called the sirloin saloon in Rutvegas that had an elite salad bar.  It had to be at least 25 feet long. Me and atomic Jeff went there with phillycore once and when he ordered his steak they asked him if he wanted the small steak or the large steak and wow that was a dumb question.   Id say always get the larger can always bring a doggie bag or share it with Root and Sibhusky 

Decided to eat at 99 Restaurants. So far it's grate, nice classy place. Ordered a salad and some hot wings. Since it's tasty maybe I'll leave a big tip just like on your Jackson Hole thread 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Decided to eat at 99 Restaurants. So far it's grate, nice classy place. Ordered a salad and some hot wings. Since it's tasty maybe I'll leave a big tip just like on your Jackson Hole thread 

I’ll check out the website for 99 restaurants.  Reminds me of this song 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

People abandoned mantras so they could appear fancy and use a goofy pronunciation of the word “castle”

stop kidding yourselves, this isn’t Europe, the correct pronunciation is “cass-el” 

QFT. Atomic Jeff corrected me and says the pronunciation is Kes-lee. He should change his user name to KästleSkier.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

QFT. Atomic Jeff corrected me and says the pronunciation is Kes-lee. He should change his user name to KästleSkier.

It literally fucking says “kastle” on the skis.  There is no way to pronounce it other than “cass-el” unless you are a pretentious person who wants to seem fancy

Edited by theprogram4
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@AtomicSkierLo Que Dijo!

That wasn’t a shot at Jeff in particular.  It was a shot at anyone on earth who changes common things just to seem edgy.  Kind of like Madonna and Johnny depp having British accents, despite being from Michigan and Kentucky 

Edited by theprogram4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2