A rumor

skidude

Now this is just a rumor, but I did hear it from a source that would know. I was told that this year Camelback might have a bump run.

From someone else I found out that Rich Wisemen (sp?) was the person who was against having a bump run. He is still there, but maybe the new owner likes to ski bumps...

Years ago they used to let Margies bump up, as I recall. They even had bump contests on it.

I don't recall them ever splitting Big Poke in two, but the older version before the fence went in at the bottom of the pitch (on Hell's Half Acre) might have given them room to do it.

'Dude, yea, that's the problem. They had bumps last year, just no fresh snow on it. If you were at Blue early morning on Main street / barnies bumps, blue just blows snow on that trail like crazy, and doesnt groom it. They'd blow on the bumps and on the main street side. it made for some soft moguls in the morning, and some fresh stuff. by the end of the day, noobs had ice'ed it all up again. but as long as they blow each night, they're fine. it'd be nice to see a bump run...blue's got a nice one going on ;)

I think the bumps on asp this past season were just out of laziness. Planned, managed (possibly with hay bails, well we can hope right...) will hopefully be MUCH better. Time will tell. I'm there mostly during the night, so either way I will probobly see it on the icey side of things.

ROCKET  They even tried it there last February.

32356[/snapback]

yeah, but did you see it after 3 days of traffic, it was like an ice rink with speed-bumps. :(

This would only be a good idea if they are willing to maintain it.

The one thing that CB doesn't seem to do is keep ungroomed / blown trails open, or better still have them open while they blow. Both Blue, and even Shawnee do this and it adds some much needed variety to the limited runs around here.

yeah, but did you see it after 3 days of traffic, it was like an ice rink with speed-bumps. :(

This would only be a good idea if they are willing to maintain it.

The one thing that CB doesn't seem to do is keep ungroomed / blown trails open, or better still have them open while they blow.  Both Blue, and even Shawnee do this and it adds some much needed variety to the limited runs around here.

32362[/snapback]

snow being blown burns the face :pirate

Edited by zaldon