2/2/20... sausage Sunday

saltyant

Hey All,

I'm back from another fun session at Blue Mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot at 07:45 and parked in Atomic's spot to make him jelly. It was around 28 degrees under partly cloudy sky's.  In the house were JohnnyLaw, Enjoralas, Enjoralas's Dad, Enjoralas's Cousin, Enjoralas's delicious meats and shrimp, Tarponhead, Indiggio, TP4, PSUFly, BenM, Mixilplix, and many many others.

First run was Challenge which was hard and solid, pretty legit.  Then hit up Sidewinder, P-dizzle, and Main Street. Lazy Mile was in pretty damn good shape and later on was like a western groomer. The 6 pack seemed to be running slow again, so I rode the quad which was running at a higher speed. Eventually the race team inundated the quad with lines so went over to the Main Street and Burma lift. 

Around that time met up with @enjoralas and @pops and we made a few runs on Switchback which was definitely ROTD and in very nice shape, smooth as butter. Then we hit some glades (I skied between 3 trees). Then on Lower Main Street tragedy struck. I crashed into the middle Slow Down orange sign and became Jerry of the day. No one laughed at me too much so I brushed it off, and my legs and RTMs continued to function normally. Tried to put the sign up but my efforts were futile.

Parking lot shenanigans were great. The meats and shrimp were outstanding, 10/10. Stayed until around 1 pm. All in all a great day at Blue the True. Some lyfestyle shots below.

20200202_114234.thumb.jpg.000d7a0084c31616627e1f7e22a3b701.jpg

20200202_123740.thumb.jpg.2b6545be373c3a94683078989daf22d4.jpg

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Just.... how?????

Glad you are ok

I don't know... there were people around and next thing I know it was too late... guess I failed to plan ahead. Just happy it wasn't a snowmaker or something hard. Thanks for your well wishes. 

Edited by saltyant

Nice report...I had to bail before the sausage Sunday meats were served, but parking lot was fun...Thanks to Johnny Law for the Hidden River beer.  Run of the day for me was probably Switchback.  I hit Sidewinder last and it seemed to have softened up a bit compared to when I hit it second run this morning.

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2020 at 3:56 PM, saltyant said:

Then on Lower Main Street tragedy struck. I crashed into the middle Slow Down orange sign and became Jerry of the day. No one laughed at me too much so I brushed it off, and my legs and RTMs continued to function normally. Tried to put the sign up but my efforts were futile.

30B30CD3-2CE6-449A-9F93-7794A16BF4E8.jpeg.457d40e669daabaa9bfdbc5dcee67d0c.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1