2/8..sunny..packed powder carpet.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow I wonder what would have happened if you clicked the link. 

Probably just a phishing attempt. I’m sure nothing would’ve happened just from clicking the link, probably just went to a page where they tried to get you to volunteer personal information.

there’s a significant chance it was Comcast trying to see if I would fall for it.

5 hours ago, toast21602 said:

You're better off swapping skis with PASRs to see what feels good or wait until there is a public demo day (if those exist this year). Some of those might be good to replace those RTMs, but if you want to size up at all it doesn't seem like that list meets those needs. 

I think something from this list would probably work for me. I mean, I'm not X-Treme like you guys, jumping off couloirs and whatnot, so I don't need very stiff skis like Kästles or Francis Bacons. @AtomicSkier says Mantras for instance might impede my skiing rather than improve it.

JohnnyLaw suggested Head Kores or Nordica Enforcers and both are on the list and at widths of 93 & 94, respectively. From what I gather, this width range should suffice for me as I just want something to charge thru ungroomed more forcefully rather than feeling like being tossed around. 

Since ungroomed is a rarity at Blue, I'm still thinking of demoing in Utah - maybe a rental at an off mountain shop for a few days. I'd like to test them in a variety of snow conditions rather than just groomers of NEPA.

I appreciate the offers from Mixilplix and Eñoralas to let me try out their skis, and I'll certainly try them out for a few runs if they'd like.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I think something from this list would probably work for me. I mean, I'm not X-Treme like you guys, jumping off couloirs and whatnot, so I don't need very stiff skis like Kästles or Francis Bacons. @AtomicSkier says Mantras for instance might impede my skiing rather than improve it.

JohnnyLaw suggested Head Kores or Nordica Enforcers and both are on the list and at widths of 93 & 94, respectively. From what I gather, this width range should suffice for me as I just want something to charge thru ungroomed more forcefully rather than feeling like being tossed around. 

Since ungroomed is a rarity at Blue, I'm still thinking of demoing in Utah - maybe a rental at an off mountain shop for a few days. I'd like to test them in a variety of snow conditions rather than just groomers of NEPA.

I appreciate the offers from Mixilplix and Eñoralas to let me try out their skis, and I'll certainly try them out for a few runs if they'd like.

Demoing at Blue seems like the best choice for you..

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, saltyant said:

The problem with that demo list is that there are only 5 skis that are more than 5cm longer AND 5mm wider than your current ski. If you really want to find out what works best for you in non-ideal conditions, trying three skis from this list isn’t going to do it. You need more variation between them, and away from your current setup, IMO.

By all means demo in Utah. What I would really look to do if I were you is get on as many sticks as you fit in for free from fellow PASRs, especially next month when the spring condition crud shows up. A ski you can drive through the heavy sugar piles on a 55 degree day on Mont Bleu is going to serve you well in most other situations. You can always keep the RTMs for perfect western groomer days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, enjoralas said:

The problem with that demo list is that there are only 5 skis that are more than 5cm longer AND 5mm wider than your current ski. If you really want to find out what works best for you in non-ideal conditions, trying three skis from this list isn’t going to do it. You need more variation between them, and away from your current setup, IMO.

By all means demo in Utah. What I would really look to do if I were you is get on as many sticks as you fit in for free from fellow PASRs, especially next month when the spring condition crud shows up. A ski you can drive through the heavy sugar piles on a 55 degree day on Mont Bleu is going to serve you well in most other situations. You can always keep the RTMs for perfect western groomer days.

@saltyant

tenor-183160397.gif.10cdff19b57648b2d8455637f6acaa04.gif

• Thanks 1