Blue 1-17

RidgeRacer

Today was good. Different, but good. Worth the drive for sure. 6.5 or 7 out of 10 overall. Main Street was an 8.5, NWDW 8 whereas coming soon was a 3 or 4. Zero crowds to speak of. The key was to find groomer tracks to get any kind of momentum. Trails that were groomed last seemed to be best. Other trails that had snow over what was groomed felt like skiing on glue. I don't think I ever turned as much on razors. Bottom of falls literally stopped you in your tracks. OTOH main was like main...a tad grippier but you could get speed and was consistent t2b. NMDW was similar and I dug the rollers on the right side. CS was bad however, but will probably get better as people ski it... Overall a fun day.

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It's always super nice just to be there when it's empty empty. Just go stand around for 30 seconds and look at the place without 4 million Jerry's everywhere it's alot easier to appreciate.

Sounds like top quality tail gunning snow, its soo wet your getting alot of base suck and snow sticking to the bases. Should be nice all groomed out and with some time to dry out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

It's always super nice just to be there when it's empty empty. Just go stand around for 30 seconds and look at the place without 4 million Jerry's everywhere it's alot easier to appreciate.

Sounds like top quality tail gunning snow, its soo wet your getting alot of base suck and snow sticking to the bases. Should be nice all groomed out and with some time to dry out. 

You had me at base suck.