New rails

LineSki

On the cb there are rumors that they got a rainbow box, rainbow c box. And the rails that they have as of right now are going to be put in after all of the snow is blown which will make them much bigger and harder, better transistions too. Now if only rhodos jumps were like they were two years ago I wouldnt complain anymore!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to add. I'm helping Davey with park desinds, puting togater a FS team, and something eles.

34363[/snapback]

Add a little more to add - steeze is the first official member of the CAT freestyle Team!! Not to steal any of Blue Mtn's Freeride Program - but if you "ski" at CB regularly, why not inquire with me?...... This is all real informal as off now.

Yeah - It was a last minute idea that Steeze join the CAT team for the learning some more carving and control skills. Since the CAT team doesn't have riders.. You gotta to do the USASA (acronym?) to race boards. Could be the start of something!! Won't know until we try...

Add a little more to add - steeze is the first official member of the CAT freestyle Team!!  Not to steal any of Blue Mtn's Freeride Program - but if you "ski" at CB regularly, why not inquire with me?......  This is all real informal as off now.

34388[/snapback]

:confused

I thougth he was gonna try racing, and then play in a hole....er park :P after lunch...

camelback has a fresstyle team? whats the deal with this, any info on it. i would like to talk to them about it.

34425[/snapback]

The CAT team now has one member whose focus is primarily in the park. It is well know that most Pro Park skiers have a racing background. It may be coincidence, but I think not. SO with that, it could be possible to form a team. The race director said so. Join the CAT team if you can, and help us be the start of something.

Edited by Papasteeze

That CAT team now has one member whose focus is primarily in the park.  It is well know that most Pro Park skiers have a racing background. It may be coincidence, but I think not. SO with that, it could be possible to form a team. The race director said so.  Join the CAT team if you can, and help us be the start of something.

34437[/snapback]

Rob, before you go on, people should probably know that the current (and I say that because that is how it stands now) program is for people who want to ski race.

All the coaches have coached racing, and I don't believe any of them have a backround in freestyle.

So steve (who I thought was joining the dev team, anyway...) can focus on whatever he wants...Some people focus on USSA races, some try to get into FIS races(not too many ;) ), some want to just have fun skiing with other people, some want better form (probably where steve will fall) and some..err most don't know what they want, and just want to ski.

Anyway just saying that until there is (if ever) a freestyle team at CB, most park rats aren't gonna be too happy there

I would love for a FS team at cb, but now way in hell would I join the CAT team to do this. Props to steeze for joining

34439[/snapback]

There will never be a FS team at CB with out joining the CAT team - IMO!! Come on out, learn some race skills and then learn to really "kill" the park. :rock

that's why we arent just straight up teaching kids how to huck themselves. we're starting from the ground up and making sure kids can actually ski before we take them to the park. i completely agree that you need a solid foundation to be a good skier in the park, but racing isnt for everyone. take sage cattabriga alosa for example. he's one of the best in the game right now, and had no formal training whatsoever. i guess it does make more sense to have steven up at CB for you though, since ridge will already be there. best of luck with that.

Yeah - he grudgingly will be at CB a lot. But you will see us at other mountains frequently too. I got on a kick with him this weekend of "what is the matter with be able to do both well". I suggested that if any racers wants to talk smack about the Park or visa versa, that he have the skills to back up the prevalent trash talk that I so often see.

Truthfully though. He is shooting for the Next Snow Competition in Killington and he has to be well versed in gates, moguls, slopestyle, and big air, coupled with an outgoing quirky personality.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest i can learn how to "kill" the park ,as Papasteeze said, on my own.. not to toot my own :P horn but i find myself to be one of the better park riders that usually ride at CB.. i owe that to the trips out to MC and pushing myself out there but anywho.. you dont need racing skills to kill the park you need park skills.. but then again im a snowboarder and im pretty sure everyone in here is talking about skiing.. and i think CB should just start a Freestyle Team i mean why not? theres a racing team and there are park events at cb..

and make NILE MILE one big terrain park.. it would be amazing!! and have park passes to keep people out of the park that just ride down the middle of the pipe or just bomb it down the park

i dont

i love ride the hill but still i go in the park and hit things not just slide trough the "pipe", and nile is a great crusing coarse why change it?

I don't see them changing nile....uhh ever

And I love to snowplow threw the pipe thank you very much :rofl