New rails

LineSki

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see CB not invest their money in circus rails and actually have decent, stock rails for people to learn tricks on.

But I guess circus rails are all the rage so that's what they're going to buy.

What do you mean exactly when you say circus rails... anything other than your standard straight and kink features? It sounds to me that you would like some straight stuff like a good 20'-30' box to learn idk, tricks like 270's or diffrent slides that you'd be comfortable with...

I think it is great that they are actually putting pictures up of some park features. That is certainly a good start to promoting a park. Let's not hate on em too much, they are big, old and slow, give the dinosaurs a chance to evolve.. :)

OOOPS wrong profile..

What do you mean exactly when you say circus rails... anything other than your standard straight and kink features? It sounds to me that you would like some straight stuff like a good 20'-30' box to learn idk, tricks like 270's or diffrent slides that you'd be comfortable with...

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. I don't understand why people get so stoked about rails with "wacky" features when you can learn real tricks on regular rails, then take it to a handrail. Plus, for the price of one of those boxes, Camelback could have put in a good flat rail and a good flat down, OR just a good down flat down rail.

I would have loved to see nice kinked rails there instead of those boxes. Camelback really only has one kinked rail, the battleship. It would have been nice to see a simple down rail.

Personally, I think there are a handful of rails that every mountain with a park should have. These rails should be the building blocks for a sucessful park. They're all rails you can learn a handful of tricks on, which can then be take to bigger or more difficult rails. Every park should have a flat box, flat rail, flat down box, flat down rail, and a down rail. CB is skipping some major steps. You wouldn't want to open a mountain with 29 black diamonds and two green trails. I don't know why Camelback is getting "advanced" boxes when they still lack basic features.

psst go to blue or bc they have them

Oh gee thanks problem solved I guess we can stop posting about Camelback's park because there are far better ones in PA.

(p.s. that's my smartass comment for this thread hope you liked it :))

Personally, I think there are a handful of rails that every mountain with a park should have. These rails should be the building blocks for a sucessful park. They're all rails you can learn a handful of tricks on, which can then be take to bigger or more difficult rails. Every park should have a flat box, flat rail, flat down box, flat down rail, and a down rail. CB is skipping some major steps. You wouldn't want to open a mountain with 29 black diamonds and two green trails. I don't know why Camelback is getting "advanced" boxes when they still lack basic features.

Oh gee thanks problem solved I guess we can stop posting about Camelback's park because there are far better ones in PA.

(p.s. that's my smartass comment for this thread hope you liked it :))

sniffff? I smell the building of a proposal -- :rock Stay after it!

Well I guess I'll step in here and totally agree with DH on this... In my opinion those rails/boxes started it all for me and my era of freestyle. It was great learning tricks on the easy stuff first, it's almost a given now that resorts produce 2 parks or at least a "beginner line" in their parks to incorperate beginner riders/skiers, after all they are the future of our sport. Thats my plan this year for Shawnee's park, host two lines... diffrent setups on each and have something like a beginner line on the left and a more advanced line on the right, anything is possible really.

are you gonna have a way for peole to go from one line to the outher. like if their good on jumps but want to do begginer rail. that type of thing.

absoultly... my big hope this year is that everything will flow and that YOU have the choice on what you want to hit. I'm definatly hoping to see a jump line of some kind after the pipe, then slowly transfer into some rails, with hips and some tables thrown into the mix... by the way, the new wall ride looks sweet :drool straight from heavenly california.

Ah, I can't believe you guys aren't happy with two new advanced boxes. Sure, they might not be amazing or easy simple boxes, but did anyone here ever think they would see CB improve their park at all?

I'm going away to college next year, and I would have bet large sums of money that CB would not make a single step to upgrade their park while I was still around. They actually did do something though. Still if I want a crazy park I'm going to Bear Creek, but at least CB did something.

I mean they have a 40 foot wavy-flat rail, but it's do-able. They have a short flat box to practice base skills, and a nice but short mailbox rail. They also have the kink box, and then those cruddy rails that I never hit. Its not like they don't have anything but these 2 boxes. Its not great, but at least they are doing something.

Wow, I never thought I'd be defending CamelBack.

i think they are a pretty nice addition to the park...like lurker said, there is the flat box to practice new things one( i know it could be a bit longer but still...) and also the flat down(?) box. I actually learned how to boardslide on the c-box at montage. it's really the nicest thing in their park...there is a flat down flat but each section is about 2 feet long. Most of you guys all complain about camelback and how much their park sucks. Get stuck riding only at montage year after year and then you can complain about a park severely lacking. Except for the year when the park was on upper/lower fastrack. Still wasn't much to brag about but there was a nice kicker set ontop of the headwall...and i just found the rollers to be fun :wiggle

But if your at montage you have some amazing blacks. Being "stuck" at montage isn't so bad now is it...

well if we were on that topic then you would have an argument...

I could also switch to the lift situation...2 express quads vs 1 quad that tends to break down and make you hike back up a hill.

Both have their high and low points...but when it comes down to it i would have to say camelback>montage.

i think another reason we tend to complain about the park is.... well.. BC and MC are right around here so we get spoiled by hitting up their park and then headin up north to like Stratton, Okemo or killington and then comin back home and riding at the mt closest to us just doesnt compare in park..

i know thats why i complain all the time haha :D

Edited by brtndominant