New rails

LineSki

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed cb today to see if they would tell me the new kinds of rails they bought. Hopefully they tell me.

I am surprised that no one seems to know any one in the CB shop who can get us some inside info. We gets lots of info on Bear and Blue. Note to self..... Meet people who work in the mechanics shop this year.

:werd

Its one of the better trails at CB I think most people would agree on, and its deffinatly the best green around, there not gonna end up doing anything with that trail...which is good :)

Fantasy's are always best until they come true.

:ph34r:

If nile were turned into a terrain park it would either have to be an AMAZING park, or I would go to blue for a pass. Long cruising runs are a neccessity, giving up the ONLY one at CB for a park would be a big mistake. Not to mention, it turns quite a bit and has no natural landings. Pretty poor choice for park trails if you ask me...

Yeah - The more I think about it, and for what my opinion is worth. Parks that consist of various features running down a trail aren't ok because you can't hike back and forth to a favorite or one that you want to work on because it seems to cause a problem for those who use the trail like a slope style event.

I really like Steamboats set up in the SOBE Terrain Park. It is essentially a small bowl that you can choose 50 different lines with varying degrees of difficulty. It has the superpipe to one side, Nastar gates against the treeline and then benched jumps that funnel down to a spline and wall ride at the bottom. The rails are on the opposite side of the Nastar course all serviced by it's own lift.

With the idea of park passes becoming more widely discussed. I think CB would do itself well to continue to keep the majority of the features near the Nastar course on one side and the rails near the condos on the other side as they do now. I just would like to see them limit access to those who really want to learn park and limit the users who just cruise through.

BTW - I BELIEVE some of the new rail features at CB are some curved boxes.. Don't hold me to it.

Just my opinion... FIRE AWAY!! :woot;)

Edited by Papasteeze

hmm maybe a sick cbox.. or c rail.. anwho i think they should really raise a couple of the rails and make them jump on like the flat down box, flat box, the round red rail and then keep the rest ride on.. they need some rails that are a little more intimidating and challenging.. mainly to help local riders progress..

i agree with all you.. Nile Mile is a great green to just cruise down and have fun riding but i feel it would make a pretty sick park haha :drool

Edited by brtndominant

I just think you think it would be a great park for its length. I emailed them and they didnt respond, hey papasteeze want to do us all a favor and email them and make it sound legit as to what kind of rails they bought. Becuase we all know they dont make there own shit.

hahah.. all i know is for the new rails i really dont have high expectations at all..

im expecting something like the boxes they got.. cause thats how CB is haha i hope they prove me wrong though or else.. :killyourself: hahaha

even if they dont im sure it will still be fun to just mess around on whatever they get :wiggle

Edited by brtndominant

when i went to get my season pass, i asked the lady what they were doing to improve, and then asked here if i could see the rails that they have.

she said she had no idea what i was talking about. so hopefully she doesnt know anything

Haha, yeah I did the same thing. The first lady said, "I don't know" and shrugged her shoulders, but the lady behind her said "yes we did", and then I did a little dance, because I didn't believe it until that very moment. Hopefully they'll be good.

Here's the info I got from the man himself :) There's also a lot of other plans for the CB parks but you'll just have to wait in order to find out what those are hehe :P All I have to say is the new owner definitelly cares and wants to make the much needed improvements to the whole mountain. I can't wait, CB definitelly has a huge amount of potential and it sounds like they're working on using it :)

" I can confirm two new rails/boxes for the upcoming season: A "C-Bow" box,

and a "Rainbow-to-Kicker" box. The new boxes are being built by

Railbuilders (www.railbuilders.com). The rails should be a little higher

out of the snow this year, with bigger transitions on/off the rails. (We'll

be making snow on the trail before the rails are installed--last year we did

the opposite.)

The existing rails will be back as well, and they are all being refurbished

for the upcoming winter--new paint, etc., and the boxes are getting a better

topsheet to them. "