Curzi’s Cabin

C1erArt

3 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

it should look something like this, there might me more, but this is i guess what would be the most usable real estate, if that makes sense.  

image.thumb.png.e055650c37b8b246512f92937d5f3102.png

Edit - there is one tiny parcel on BM Drive owned by PPL, across the street from Burma.  

I wonder about the few parcels right along the drive?  Looks like people are still living in them??
image.png.139b0b8d12c8749f7fa546b9cafa5188.png

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

I just re read it. Sorry Dan.

Hey @GrilledSteezeSandwich  I heard Salty went looking for the cabin after skiing today and took a selfie with straw in his mouth. Maybe he'll post about it!

Good one!!!  Lo Qu Dijo jajajajaja Donde es senor Salty??  En la casa

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I cant find what the property actually sold for, records show it was transfered to Blue for $1.  nobody is that nice that they would trade some property for a named ski run.  

Half a million. I found it on a property transfer website somewhere, posted this in GSS’ 12/12 daily report thread when he started talking about it:

Apparently D Scott Curzi lived in Pburg all his life until he died in 2009. Famous Pburg high wrestler and a historian. His son sold the lot to Blue in August:

Justin Scott Curzi to BMR Resort LLC, Denver, Colorado, property at 415 Blue Mountain Road and Lot 1, Richard A. Person Subdivision, $500,000.

EDIT: link https://www.tnonline.com/20220811/carbon-county-property-transfers-838/

Edited by enjoralas
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Three mile hike today through the finest of land, a treasure of natural space for terrestrial exploration. Afterwards men in tall hats and gold watch fobs will thump their chests and say what a great hike it was.

1003756283_Screenshot_20230116-1712192.thumb.png.fde62684e3aec0ac075b00e7daf921c7.png

I’ll do that walk with you sometime. That’s an area I’ve never been. Maybe Ridge and JFDan and NMSki will also want to join.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ll do that walk with you sometime. That’s an area I’ve never been. Maybe Ridge and JFDan and NMSki will also want to join.  

That would be rad!! After reading the paywall article C1er posted, I realized the house I saw today must have been Curtze's Cabin. I didn't want to get close since it felt like trespassing but there are no signs anywhere. I guess Blue the True owns it now so it's fair game. There were some other people on the hiking trails. It's nice flat and easy terrain though I bet it gets really swampy after a lot of rain.

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

That would be rad!! After reading the paywall article C1er posted, I realized the house I saw today must have been Curtze's Cabin. I didn't want to get close since it felt like trespassing but there are no signs anywhere. I guess Blue the True owns it now so it's fair game. There were some other people on the hiking trails. It's nice flat and easy terrain though I bet it gets really swampy after a lot of rain.

Sounds like a perfect area for a fishing pond and bumper boats.  They could set up some Adirondack chairs and a tiki bar and it would be like going to margaritaville without the jet lag.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Three mile hike today through the finest of land, a treasure of natural space for terrestrial exploration. Afterwards men in tall hats and gold watch fobs will thump their chests and say what a great hike it was.

1003756283_Screenshot_20230116-1712192.thumb.png.fde62684e3aec0ac075b00e7daf921c7.png

Just before where the two creeks merge is a state trout stocking point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1