Did elk forget to pay the Internet bill?

paul45

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How many top to bottom routes were open? 

Just two. Tioga and Susquehanna. Website said snow making was happening on Tunkhannock and the spurs onto lower tunk through Friday. But nothing open on the quad side all weekend, looked like they didn't quite finish to the bottom before it got too warm, was still grass down at the quad loading area. 

After that rain I'm sure it'll be a couple days just to get those two back to normal.... Hard to not lose a ton in a tropical fifty degrees downpour I'm sure. 

1 hour ago, rgrwilco said:

Their webcams look pretty solid. Base looks good, lots of snow, and a ton of guns going. They look in better shape than some of the New England areas.

its like skiing in Vermont, but with more snow.

Will be interesting to see what they have open for next week.  Looking at options for next week.  Not sure how they faired after the rain, but Bell was showing 1/2 their trails open before the rain.  that seemed like it was pretty good in the grand scheme of things considering this "winter" so far has been mostly some cold book ended by warm rain.  

On 12/19/2023 at 11:32 AM, JFskiDan said:

Will be interesting to see what they have open for next week.  Looking at options for next week.  Not sure how they faired after the rain, but Bell was showing 1/2 their trails open before the rain.  that seemed like it was pretty good in the grand scheme of things considering this "winter" so far has been mostly some cold book ended by warm rain.  

Looks looks for today only upper tunk and a couple of the spurs below it.  But not quad side yet, just the cutover back to the lodge (Hiawatha).  Hopefully they're just delaying grooming down by the quad until after Christmas so it lasts through the warm weather? Can't imagine they'd go into Christmas week without opening the quad side at all, right?? Either way.. Whatever they get to today looks like that's it until Thursday night... Insane spring temperatures until then after today. 

3 minutes ago, paul45 said:

Looks looks for today only upper tunk and a couple of the spurs below it.  But not quad side yet, just the cutover back to the lodge (Hiawatha).  Hopefully they're just delaying grooming down by the quad until after Christmas so it lasts through the warm weather? Can't imagine they'd go into Christmas week without opening the quad side at all, right?? Either way.. Whatever they get to today looks like that's it until Thursday night... Insane spring temperatures until then after today. 

I thought it’s only supposed to be in the 40s next week.  Not really insane spring temps.  

45 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I thought it’s only supposed to be in the 40s next week.  Not really insane spring temps.  

Nearly 50 with overnight lows close to 40....  certainly well above average for late December at 1700 feet elevation. 

Edit: 20 degrees above December average.  Engineer..I operate on data.

Screenshot_20231223_090506_AccuWeather.jpg

Screenshot_20231223_091139_Chrome.jpg

Edited by paul45

1 hour ago, paul45 said:

Nearly 50 with overnight lows close to 40....  certainly well above average for late December at 1700 feet elevation. 

Edit: 20 degrees above December average.  Engineer..I operate on data.

Screenshot_20231223_090506_AccuWeather.jpg

Screenshot_20231223_091139_Chrome.jpg

Averages don’t mean fuck all. They’re based on a much cooler climate than we current experience.