TR 1/8/24 Blue The True Redemption!

DiMe

Sitting in my car after a great afternoon sesh at Blue The True after yesterdays fiasco.  I was hesitant upon arrival as it was clearly the busiest Monday of the season.  Scored a spot near Main Street as a morning shifter was pulling out otherwise you might have had to park accross the street.

Snow was as expected soft packed day older wet natural.  Blue had all 3 chairs running and werre even organizing the loading at the quad.  Choosing to play single and allow the lifty to slide you in with a group was key to saving the 5-10 min waits.  Managed 13 laps with a few safety meetings in about 4 hours.  Well done Blue for learning from your mistakes yesterday today!!  Razors was also open completely ungroomed with soft VW sized bumps you had to create your own rythm to.  Extreme leg burner but worth a lap or two.  It should groom out to remain open with another night of man made.

PS. My last lift ride was on the quad to finish out on the Nile Mile and it was closed for the fucking race team again!  So I took the lazier mile.

20240108_142154.jpg

• Like 3

People were also ducking ropes literally everywhere and riding every trail nearly every lift ride.  Ski patrol did not seem to care at least I saw no one get whistled at or reprimanded.

10 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Not a very good redemption…
Hear that people are bombing Paradise, collision, blood, bad.

IMG_8565.thumb.png.4b18ba36b1dc120ce84d513c320f2872.png

I had a great day mostly lapping Main to the park.  Paradise and Lazy certainly were busy as heck but the steeper terrain was pretty open.  Lots of ticket buyers today.

• Like 3

Today was definitely better than yesterday. When they finally got Challenge running, it really improved lift lines. But it was the busiest week day I’ve ever skied there. Snow was nice and TCS was ROTD. I didn’t try Razors, bumps the size of a buffalo did not seem like fun.. Lots of folks poaching everywhere. I miss the days when you could pretty much just ski on to the lift. 😕 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, indiggio said:

We’re you still there @ 5:30pm?

Heard it was on lower Paradise.

I seen the sled and body bag come down home stretch whistles blowing hard all over about 4:40pm.

• Sad 2

Suspected neck injury, head injury, long bone fracture , multiple rib fractures or abdominal trauma goes to a trauma center. Why would you want to go from an outlying hospital, then get transferred to a trauma center? Not all hospitals can handle life threatening traumas immediately. 

Edited by momskeeztoo
Adding things

16 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Suspected neck injury, head injury, long bone fracture , multiple rib fractures or abdominal trauma goes to a trauma center. Why would you want to go from an outlying hospital, then get transferred to a trauma center? Not all hospitals can handle life threatening traumas immediately. 

Sheesh and I’m here nervous if JH will have enough snow to open everything I wanna ski and stressing about tons of bills at work.  

+++++VIBES+++++

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Airhead...

The nuts story is that the brain surgery was a separate incident from me hitting a tree in 07 skiing. Hitting the tree cracked 3 ribs, broke my spleen, busted a whole in my small intestine, broke my pelvis, internal bleeding. I've been all fucked up. Brain was in May of last year