TR 1/13/24

DiMe

Had a excellent session at Blue The True today!  Arrived around 8:30 to be pleasantly suprised by a fairly empty lot.  I figured the rain would keep people from coming early and it did.  My car read 49 which was also suprising as the forecast I saw said upper 30 or low 40s at opening time.  @Johnny Law was in the house as I spotted him on Lazy and gave him a pound in the lift line from the VIP passholder side of the fence. 🤣 Snow was exactly as you would expect wet but still fast.  Spent most of the day lapping lazy, or main to the park finished off on Paradise.  Things are getting thin in spots but that doesnt matter with the snowmaking that shall go down this week.

20240113_095641.jpg

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Super super good day to be out and about. One of the best snow conditions in my opinion, main first thing was arc arc arc arc and lazy was maybe even better and held up nicely.  Dis is dis its good but that run out is getting spicy for the beginners which is the cherry on top.

Parking lot was tip top, beer Jesus had zombie dust which is like an instant flashback to my early craft beer days and lo and behold a CBI trip was in order.

The juggy maiden has long since moved on to the glitter and glam of the west end saloon but it was most nice to get back in their with even better company.

I cannot fathom how there is a way in which tomorrow isn't mad brick, all the semis were really struggling on my way home so super glad to make the most of today. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DiMe said:

Had a excellent session at Blue The True today!  Arrived around 8:30 to be pleasantly suprised by a fairly empty lot.  I figured the rain would keep people from coming early and it did.  My car read 49 which was also suprising as the forecast I saw said upper 30 or low 40s at opening time.  @Johnny Law was in the house as I spotted him on Lazy and gave him a pound in the lift line from the VIP passholder side of the fence. 🤣 Snow was exactly as you would expect wet but still fast.  Spent most of the day lapping lazy, or main to the park finished off on Paradise.  Things are getting thin in spots but that doesnt matter with the snowmaking that shall go down this week.

20240113_095641.jpg

Are you a front side parker ? I keep my eye out for anyone I know but even when I see you around I couldn't figure out if you were coming out up at the top lot or what.  

44 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Are you a front side parker ? I keep my eye out for anyone I know but even when I see you around I couldn't figure out if you were coming out up at the top lot or what.  

When I meet my fellow park rats I park as close to the Main Street Express as we can.  If I'm alone I come park in the PASR row.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Dime I thought you parked over by the quad.  And Schifdawg and Nancy got Atomic Jeffs parking spot.  He was down south running.  

I really liked the snow today…hopefully it will be awhile until we have 52 degrees at opening….there was barely any garbage under the Original six pack…

That was last year.  We made the move to near Main Street this year for convenience proximity for frequent safety meetings.  As park riders safety is of utmost importance!  Look before you leap!  Always be visible from uphill if you stop!

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also would someone be so kind to make a post here before noon if the snow is rock 🪨 solid late morning or if it's better.  I'm expecting an ice rink at opening but who knows if they throw a dry top layer on some trails it may be really good.