1/26 - Stevie Wonder

Johnny Law

i really was thinking of leaving work at noon to make a few runs, but honestly i just kept looking at the cams and decided i have skied enough days in the fog and rain that i would pass.  The sad thing is, today is probably going to be better than Sunday.  

• Like 3

Short 12-1:30 session , I swear I heard a foghorn. Up top still about 50’ visibility . I was feeling pretty crappy and fighting a cold but wanted to ski some bumps. 5 or 6 runs down main . Last run I could actually see. Busses were rolling In when I left.  Way overdressed I was soaked from the inside and low energy level but happy I went. 

IMG_4826.jpeg

• Like 3

Good day. Struggled a bit on the top razors headwall because of the rained over frozen groomer ruts in the fog. It was too bad because the rest of Razors was primo. Rock sticking out left center of flat part of TCS. Barb’s way really hit hard by the rain. Otherwise, things were good, especially top and bottom left of Main St. Widowmaker and Lazy were also in good shape.  Fog on top never lifted by the time I left at 11. 

IMG_8128.thumb.jpeg.5ef8731c745bc16340376eee34b27fee.jpeg

IMG_8131.thumb.jpeg.f52c5cc5ea0edf93d692368029b3042b.jpeg

I think the first two buses were from the Cumberland Valley school system. They came up to Little Gap and turned in at the covered bridge inn to go over the stream on the covered bridge. Took a while for them to turn around and come back out to the cut over near the fairgrounds.

Edited by C1erArt
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, toast21602 said:

yeah, me too. I need something wider for my fucking fat foot.

I am blessed with 2 of the most mishapen feet as well.  one foot is a good size bigger, and the smaller foot is wider than the other.  This Dalbello Pantera boot that im in has been the best set of boots for me ever.  you can adjust the last on the boot with the toe buckle.  might be on some other styles, but the toe buckle is backwards from the others.  your results may vary.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

You only have one fat foot? Is that from all the problems you’ve been having with it, and won’t it ever go back to normal? 

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

I am blessed with 2 of the most mishapen feet as well.  one foot is a good size bigger, and the smaller foot is wider than the other.  This Dalbello Pantera boot that im in has been the best set of boots for me ever.  you can adjust the last on the boot with the toe buckle.  might be on some other styles, but the toe buckle is backwards from the others.  your results may vary.  

Yeah, left foot is almost a full size longer and right foot is significantly wider. The Morton's neuroma is worsened by compression so I need find something wide and soon. It was fine until ski season when compressing my foot into my boot. I guess it just got used to having space and once it got back in ski boot prison it got worse. Same thing happened out in Verbier many years back and had some boot work done out there to help because it was to the point where I'd almost pass out taking my boot off from the pain, but I guess things have just gotten worse in my advanced age..

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Yeah, left foot is almost a full size longer and right foot is significantly wider. The Morton's neuroma is worsened by compression so I need find something wide and soon. It was fine until ski season when compressing my foot into my boot. I guess it just got used to having space and once it got back in ski boot prison it got worse. Same thing happened out in Verbier many years back and had some boot work done out there to help because it was to the point where I'd almost pass out taking my boot off from the pain, but I guess things have just gotten worse in my advanced age..

I have the extra ankle or foot bone in both feet, its a genetic thing I don't remember the name of but regardless I like slippers, no lie before Atomic turned me on to the rs130 I could pull my foot almost all the way out like that kind of slipper boot. 

Lange makes a wide but I've heard all the wide foot people are on the technica mach 1, it comes in a regular, medium and high volume lasts and apparently is quite the miracle worker. 

I know nothing about it personally but as a wide boot guy it's number 1 on my list when I get new boots though I only do it when I  absolutely positively have no other choice. All new boots suck. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

I have the extra ankle or foot bone in both feet, its a genetic thing I don't remember the name of but regardless I like slippers, no lie before Atomic turned me on to the rs130 I could pull my foot almost all the way out like that kind of slipper boot. 

Lange makes a wide but I've heard all the wide foot people are on the technica mach 1, it comes in a regular, medium and high volume lasts and apparently is quite the miracle worker. 

I know nothing about it personally but as a wide boot guy it's number 1 on my list when I get new boots though I only do it when I  absolutely positively have no other choice. All new boots suck. 

Appreciate that intel. I've spent more time than I need to tonight researching boots and technica as been top of the list so far from what I've read.