Jack Frost Trip Report - 2/4/24

Jack Frost was grate. Skied 830-11. Bathrooms suck though, actually had to stand in line to wash my hands. What's up with that? Changing into my street clothes was a hassle. The stalls are so small. This mountain makes me grateful for the big wide open expanse of the Blue Mountain (the True Mountain) snowtubing bathrooms, where space for changing is plentiful. 

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 3

There are bathrooms next to the ski patrol building at the bottom of one park. Be nice if there were something over on East mountain. Also larger bathrooms across from the courtesy desk where I would change. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@saltyant nice report.  Next time go in the woods or don’t wash your hands. What did you do after skiing that you had to change into your street clothes?? Perhaps you had jury duty 

Thanks. I made a 2.73 mile hike near Francis E. Walter Dam. It was so dam rad soaking in that blue sky after such a harsh winter. I got super hangry during my hike and stopped at Wawa for a delicious jalapeno pretzel and hot honey chicken wrap. @theprogram4 have you tried Wawa's hot honey chicken wrap? They really hit the spot at a rugged 2.73 mile hike.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

My Trip Report is missing crucial details on a topic even more important than bathrooms... The parking. I was distraught to see large, new "Slope side Parking" signs leading through the muddy bumpy dirt road to my favorite parking area. That used to be the best kept secret of Jack Frost - New Jersey gapers park across the street and I get slope side access. Now every Tom, Harry and Richard knows about the slopeside parking. I had to walk an extra 15 yards each way to my car due to the gapers taking all of my spots. Plus the super muddy lot soiled by freshly washed automobile which is totally not cool. It is rad that slopeside parking is still free; I was expecting to have to pay something dumb like fitty cents, so Epic has got that going for them which is nice. Overall I give the parking situation a 7.5/10 and bathrooms maybe a 6.25/10.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks. I made a 2.73 mile hike near Francis E. Walter Dam. It was so dam rad soaking in that blue sky after such a harsh winter. I got super hangry during my hike and stopped at Wawa for a delicious jalapeno pretzel and hot honey chicken wrap. @theprogram4 have you tried Wawa's hot honey chicken wrap? They really hit the spot at a rugged 2.73 mile hike.

I have not, but will have to give it a shot

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

How was the rest of the skiing ? Back in the day it could get absolutely mobbed there but it seems like of late that's not the case ?

River Shot and Challenger were grate. Lots of nice, soft snow in the sun. No sugar piles or sand dunes like at Blue the True. Stood in like 2 minutes tops, the rest of the time was basically right on the lift. Even got to ride solo many times. I've never seen so many people on River Shot, though - seems super popular this year. Saw some noobies were struggling to get down, and witnessed a few wipe outs from the lift. Wait til Floyd's open - that's going to eat those noobs alive.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

My Trip Report is missing crucial details on a topic even more important than bathrooms... The parking. I was distraught to see large, new "Slope side Parking" signs leading through the muddy bumpy dirt road to my favorite parking area. That used to be the best kept secret of Jack Frost - New Jersey gapers park across the street and I get slope side access. Now every Tom, Harry and Richard knows about the slopeside parking. I had to walk an extra 15 yards each way to my car due to the gapers taking all of my spots. Plus the super muddy lot soiled by freshly washed automobile which is totally not cool. It is rad that slopeside parking is still free; I was expecting to have to pay something dumb like fitty cents, so Epic has got that going for them which is nice. Overall I give the parking situation a 7.5/10 and bathrooms maybe a 6.25/10.

How was Floyd’s?

On 2/4/2024 at 12:46 PM, C1erArt said:

There are bathrooms next to the ski patrol building at the bottom of one park. 

Was over there this afternoon with the DW, and the ski patrol bathrooms are boarded up. 😩

Telstar and Solitude look like the whales are almost ready to push out. Floyd’s has a ways to go.

Couple of guys riding ski bikes on One Park.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Out with the grandkids today. Got there at noon, it was starting to clear out. Parked slope side close to lodge. Lodge not at all crowded. Half dozen runs on the beginner chair. Ready to ski with leashes next time. French fries and hot chocolate afterwards. Good time had by all. Watched the kids in the lodge while mom and dad did adult ski. 

Edited by C1erArt
  • Like 7