2/21/24

AirheadD8

Sunny cold… 8:45 Made my way to the Quad and noticed the cattle chute. Ok …. There’s going to be some law and order today. Thought I was going to be first chair but someone in Orange blasted past lol, I figured he would head for Challenge but he went elsewhere. It was a bit disappointing later on to see the cattle out of control and cramming up to the front loading area on the quad and the line built up to the gates. The six had very little line to speak of.

First tracks on Challenge was the best grooming I’ve seen all year. The icing on the cake was a couple inches of snow that drifted over from the fan gun up top. I think I hit my terminal velocity, but felt safe the whole time and was able to launch off the falls lip with just as good of grooming. Challenge was so good I kept lapping it then went to main street and a little bit of snow is drifted over from sleepy, hollow onto the bumps. Blue Balmer glade  was also being blown.

Fortunately , the roulette wheel of fate spared me and I didn’t get stuck in front of the gun on nightmare when the quad stopped for a good five minutes. 
Great day like C1 said. 

IMG_5144.jpeg

IMG_5145.jpeg

IMG_5146.jpeg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, DiMe said:

Nice!!  I ended up hitting Camel for a short sesh today.  The lip into Chute yesterday was absolutely bonkers.  You could get so much air off it or knuck huck it, hope they keep it that way.

I got accidental air off it Friday (like maybe 1 cm) and felt like a bad ass skier. 

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I got accidental air off it Friday (like maybe 1 cm) and felt like a bad ass skier. 

Did chute over the lip today and there were 2 boarders hanging out about 30 feet down. 

Edited by C1erArt
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Maybe I should start blowing a whistle for boarders who hang out in dangerous blind spots. 

Yell at them "Hit the feature, don't be the feature as you bonk off a helmet!!"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, saltyant said:

On the super radical Saturday Pow day I got air off the falls a few times.  One time the front of my skis were like 3 feet off the ground and the tails were just high enough to clear a credit card..would have looked extra rad shot from a small aircraft a mile in the sky..

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

On the super radical Saturday Pow day I got air off the falls a few times.  One time the front of my skis were like 3 feet off the ground and the tails were just high enough to clear a credit card..would have looked extra rad shot from a small aircraft a mile in the sky..

Wow that's rad. I bet you were singing "I believe I can fly I believe I can touch the sky I think about it every night and day..I spread my wings and fly away"

• Boner City 1

38 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Nice!!  I ended up hitting Camel for a short sesh today.  The lip into Chute yesterday was absolutely bonkers.  You could get so much air off it or knuck huck it, hope they keep it that way.

👍 Hit it Yesterday morning a couple times. 
Noting like 0 G’s for endorphin therapy. 

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Wow that's rad. I bet you were singing "I believe I can fly I believe I can touch the sky I think about it every night and day..I spread my wings and fly away"

Salty there’s a ton of old “Flying “ themed songs. Steve Miller, Pink Flyod . 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1