2/24/24…PASR Saturday…

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot before 720am and it was in the low 30s under mostly cloudy sky’s which became partly sunny.  Was nice seeing Johnny Law back from Utah along with all of the PASRs except for Zonked, Toast, Salty and Nancy.  

Second civilian OG six pack to Challenge which was pretty firm and had a few mini root rollers in the middle.  I skied a rare early Paradise run next and it was nice with no people and sort of smooth.  Next up was Main Street, upper was nice and smooth and lower was more 3D but not terrible.  Sidewinder I did not enjoy again, just bad grooming and rollers.

Lazy mike was not bad..pleasant enough. Coming soon was firm and bad grooming but better than expected..I returned to challenge and Main Street and enjoyed a Raceway which had gates to midway to little gap to burma.  Burma had serious ice in the corners. 

All in all not the best ski conditions but decent enough, I rate it an 8 out of 20…sounds better than a 4 out of 10 or 2 out of 5 for those good at reducing fractions.  Fun parking lot with beer, snacks, the ski school Tram and even a little dancing when car alarms were going off.  

Looks to be chilly tomorrow AM so maybe some more action from the snowmaking cannons..aka operation Blizzard 3.0

JADIP

F7C0BB8A-9351-469C-A9B9-075CB3A95147.jpeg

AF575A01-4717-4B73-80D0-9B33DC1C7F4A.jpeg

1E95FD1E-C5C2-42D1-8648-EDAFAA53C6AB.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

It was kinda hit or miss today...Some nice fluff here and there,,,but some places it was just solid....Good morning of riding but I can still feel the knee injury I did a couple of weeks back...Nothing bad just a reminder that it happened...

20240224_081736.thumb.jpg.260b7a48042241a8ad83a03d7927d1fb.jpg20240224_093556.thumb.jpg.e4c0c4c4d530867533e6ad04f8d7ab33.jpg20240224_093803.thumb.jpg.a6aff8b4202d31963954e24418b2e077.jpg

Saw this dude in his Canadian tux in guest service when I was trying to renew my pass....Neither Blue or I could find my $50 gift card so I said I'll come back...Chatted with Blue online when I got home and they sent me a new  one...

20240224_101219.thumb.jpg.502b6fc2b6e4347119906720b94a9cda.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Thought the snow was pretty excellent this morning.  At least better than expected.  Firm but nothing an edge wouldnt hold.  Busy busy busy but the seasons pass line and line management at the Challenger had no more than a 2 min wait.  All in all just another day in Blue paradise.

2 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Y'all should've followed my tip and migrated south. Beauty soft spring conditions and nary a line at RT. Soft bumps on Ramrod n Lafayette. 18 am runs.

600ft vertical drop........ no thx.

despicbable-me-minions.gif

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I thought today was pretty good all things considered though it may just be because I finally got to run switch. 

It was pretty firm first run down Challenge and I was sooo far in the backseat with the change over from UT. It took my brain 3/4 of the run to be like yeah bud you gotta get way forward.

It got kinda full around 930 and it was alot more threading the needle but the snow was a touch softer. 

Mad good to be back and chill with everyone and super good to get switch and side. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Trust be it was the talk among everybody.  

Same talk at Camelback today. Everyone was saying how much better Round Top must be since the perder was too hard and lifts too fast. I bet the perd was nice and soft at Round Top and the slow lifts make it age like fine wine

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1