Bear Creek Park Ideas

BC Iron Works

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a pass to BC last year and am returning again for the park; it was amazing.

I think it would be sick if (I know, you already did this, but not completely) you had like 3 or even 4 places to hit on each table top. Last year you had the two hits on hte bottom ramp in the bigger park and three at the middle ramp, It would be great if we could get some more variation with the jumps with these different areas to hit...like how about one of the table tops equipt with a 20 ft, 25 ft and 30-35ft gap. Keep em different too...like a steeper hit for some, and a more mellow for others.

It would also be pretty sick to see a bigger jump in that side park for a little variation, if you have two smaller ones like usual that would be good for beginners but more advanced riders do that park as well so a bigger gap (bigger than 10 feet) would be pretty nice.

Maybe some down boxes?

A cliff would be sick too.

dude i disagree with you the more jumps per hit the smaller each kicker... 2 should b the max for each hit in my opinion

well what if you could widen them out...there is a good amount of room left over...and when there was three for the first hit, the kickers were each wide enough

• 2 weeks later...

look at the big jumps on teh west coast that are liek 4 cats wide... there sweet

but whats the point? unless youre talking about the landings being that wide. the take-offs really dont need to be that wide (unless you mean multiple hits)...yes, multiple hits are awsome.

1134932495rainbox.jpg

this.

i saw that on NS, that would be sick

Edited by Shadows

If anyone has seen the snowboarding movie by Elekrep, there are scenes with what look to be like two huge kickers, if not table tops, set next to eachother; about twenty feet apart and 20-30 feet high to allow for transfers. A smaller version of this to fit the park would be sick.

If anyone has seen the snowboarding movie by Elekrep, there are scenes with what look to be like two huge kickers, if not table tops, set next to eachother; about twenty feet apart and 20-30 feet high to allow for transfers. A smaller version of this to fit the park would be sick.

thats a sick video.. and the channel gap on that was nice as hell.. they were killing it haha

but that would be sick to see in bears park

Keep ski / board lessons out of the park / pipe. It really isn't a safe place for beginners who don't know moutain etiquette.

Last year was bad with the blind landing on the big kicker at the top of the run. Lots of people would cut right onto the landing without even thinking about it.

hate to break it to ya but bear creek doesnt run any lessons on the terrain park...lessons are either on the hill right at the entrance or the bunny slope...wow that rainbow box last page was awesome

oh really? could have fooled me. i swear last year, every weekend there was an instructor leading a half dozen 3 foot tall kiddies through the small park and often straight through the pipe too. they may not have been "park" lessons but they definitely were skiing through the park often.

note, i have no specific problem with little kids or anyone for that matter, getting lessons.. but this stuff was definitely going on and definitely was a hazard on some days.

oh really? could have fooled me. i swear last year, every weekend there was an instructor leading a half dozen 3 foot tall kiddies through the small park and often straight through the pipe too. they may not have been "park" lessons but they definitely were skiing through the park often.

note, i have no specific problem with little kids or anyone for that matter, getting lessons.. but this stuff was definitely going on and definitely was a hazard on some days.

Exactly. I had a lesson cut down the middle of the pipe last year just as I had dropped in. If I hadn't seen them when I did it could have been bad. I hit the frontside wall and did a Mctwist and had to slam on the brakes in when I landed because there was a group of kids passing right down the middle.

Also had a lesson camp out right under the top jump where you couldn't see them. My and my friends also take turns spotting that jump but not everyone does that.

Again like you said I have no issues with kids or lessons but it is dangerous when they don't really know the rules riding in the park and pipe.

I've been riding bear for the past few years, and had a pass the last two. I'd agree with alot of what people already said. A man-made cliff would be awesome, perhaps ala The Community Project? Definitly no more than 20 feet though. I think the snow butter boxes would be sick as well. And for sure, don't go too crazy. Often the most popular things are the simplest, because you can have the most fun. A few circus things here and there, but too much of that stuff can ruin the park. One thing I'd like to see is a big hip in the main park. That hip in the smaller park last year was fun, but it didn't take alot to clear it, and with it being right on the tree line, if you went too big you could be in trouble. Every major mountain out west has a big hip, and when properly built they're SO much fun.

Edited by brtn1080

• 2 months later...

im resurrecting this thread, a: because i liked seeing other peoples crazy ideas, and b: because now that the seasons over and people have had a chance to hit new stuff, im sure theres plenty of new ideas out there. no better time to start thinking about next year.

i think my favorite feature that i hit this year, and would like to see at bear, would have to be mt. snow's mellow a-frame box in el diablo. so perfect for spinning on and learning switch ups and stuff.

i would love to see more of everything, and i know they did good this season as for $$$ the big weekends we broke records and the amount of people there was nuts. Its great for the local riders all thats doing if filling the park wallet up so they can do more and more to make it better. BCs park was sick this year so for all them guys in the crew and the groomers awesome Effin job. There might have been 1 or 2 nights when i was unhappy and it was because of the weird weather. Im thinkin about becoming a member of the park crew to see if i can get more ideas out there in setting up the park. well see. Dude i agree with all the commets about these new rails and how they are more just make it to the other side type of deal, but we need to have more then that. I didnt mind those rails, it was fun spinning on them and that dragon rail was fun to do all kinds a crazy stuff like thowing 5s off of it to spinning 5s on it. I think we need to have more of the flat downs, esp the flat down flats. MAKE THEM LONGGGG. these rails are getting popular everywhere. I wouldnt mind seein some of the old school urban rails either. We cant phase them out yet. As for jumps we did good for what we had to work with. Next year with the possible expanded park and adding another pond, would help us to have the most extreme park for the up coming season. This super park stuff needs to get done... all we have to do is step up. It will atract new rides and keep bringing the regulars. The talk about the division of the "super park" and the other park will be a great step in improving our over all happiness while riding. it will eliminate the small kids that dont belong and keep the best riders together. This year kinda started to turn in to a circus. this next part i want to talk about i hope someone from the creek reads this because it was one of the saddest things i have ever seen at the creek. all through the season ive been seeing kids throwing snowballs at people going down the mountain. It was 2 weeks before BC closed and i was coming down on the triple side while teaching my girl how to board and i saw a kid prolly about 14 or 15 chuck a snowball at a lil girl prolly no more then 8 years old and hit her straight in the face. she fell to the ground started crying. If i would have been anywhere near that kid the rest of the night i would have knocked all his teath in. If this was the first time something like this would have happened i wouldnt say anything but its like the 50th time ive seen it this year. Where is ski patrol, that kid should have been off the mountain then and there and told not to come back. that shits not cool and i would have liked to have seen that kid later on that night. bottom line is that some of lil boys that are coming to our mountain on a regular basis think that just because they are there alot they can do that shit. something should be done about it, that contract you sign should say something along the lines of. Throwing any objects off of the lift will result in termination of the ticket or pass. OUr security went to hell this year even as far as boards being stolen. thats more fucked up then everything. something should be done about this and more then just putting 1 or 2 people at the lodge standing around. but other then that crap great season bear cant wait till next year. the count down begins at 7 months and 2 weeks, yea baby.....

Things that I liked the best this year happened right at the end of the season.

The hip at the top was awesome. I would love to see another and possibly bigger hip like that next year.

The long flat rail that was set up angled down on the last week was awesome. Thats is something I would like to see again but with a decent sized gap up to it (kinda like the "urban" setup they had at the beginning of the season)

I think a flat - down - flat box would be awesome if made long enough.

I think the wall ride could be made a lot better. It was decent at times this year but it could be setup better to get more use out of it.

And still I think the most important thing to try for next season is Park Passes. With the way the BC keeps stepping up the level of the park something really needs to be done to keep people out of there that shouldn't be...for everyones safety.