Bear Creek Park Ideas

BC Iron Works

i would love to see more of everything, and i know they did good this season as for $$$ the big weekends we broke records and the amount of people there was nuts. Its great for the local riders all thats doing if filling the park wallet up so they can do more and more to make it better. BCs park was sick this year so for all them guys in the crew and the groomers awesome Effin job. There might have been 1 or 2 nights when i was unhappy and it was because of the weird weather. Im thinkin about becoming a member of the park crew to see if i can get more ideas out there in setting up the park. well see. Dude i agree with all the commets about these new rails and how they are more just make it to the other side type of deal, but we need to have more then that. I didnt mind those rails, it was fun spinning on them and that dragon rail was fun to do all kinds a crazy stuff like thowing 5s off of it to spinning 5s on it. I think we need to have more of the flat downs, esp the flat down flats. MAKE THEM LONGGGG. these rails are getting popular everywhere. I wouldnt mind seein some of the old school urban rails either. We cant phase them out yet. As for jumps we did good for what we had to work with. Next year with the possible expanded park and adding another pond, would help us to have the most extreme park for the up coming season. This super park stuff needs to get done... all we have to do is step up. It will atract new rides and keep bringing the regulars. The talk about the division of the "super park" and the other park will be a great step in improving our over all happiness while riding. it will eliminate the small kids that dont belong and keep the best riders together. This year kinda started to turn in to a circus. this next part i want to talk about i hope someone from the creek reads this because it was one of the saddest things i have ever seen at the creek. all through the season ive been seeing kids throwing snowballs at people going down the mountain. It was 2 weeks before BC closed and i was coming down on the triple side while teaching my girl how to board and i saw a kid prolly about 14 or 15 chuck a snowball at a lil girl prolly no more then 8 years old and hit her straight in the face. she fell to the ground started crying. If i would have been anywhere near that kid the rest of the night i would have knocked all his teath in. If this was the first time something like this would have happened i wouldnt say anything but its like the 50th time ive seen it this year. Where is ski patrol, that kid should have been off the mountain then and there and told not to come back. that shits not cool and i would have liked to have seen that kid later on that night. bottom line is that some of lil boys that are coming to our mountain on a regular basis think that just because they are there alot they can do that shit. something should be done about it, that contract you sign should say something along the lines of. Throwing any objects off of the lift will result in termination of the ticket or pass. OUr security went to hell this year even as far as boards being stolen. thats more fucked up then everything. something should be done about this and more then just putting 1 or 2 people at the lodge standing around. but other then that crap great season bear cant wait till next year. the count down begins at 7 months and 2 weeks, yea baby.....

One of the time before the New Year I saw about 5-6 kids spitting and throwing snowballs off the lifts at people, as soon as i got off the lift i told them to cut their sh*t. About 2.5 hours later my buddy was riding in front of me right under the two man lift on the big side of the park and i see one of the kids spit on him and the other throw a snowball at him. Well we caught up with the kids later and just pushed them around a little bit, and after that they just left. There a bunch of immature little punks that have to learn their lesson, thats why they needed to be pushed around. Im not going to fight a little kid but as long as you give them a little fear they will cut their shit. So ski patrol please be on the look out and just kick these kids off the mountain, or someone a little crazy will eventually hurt one of these little bastrds pretty bad

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok first off my friends and I ended up working with park crew one day and made that right hand side hip (the bigger one) the way it was with that lip and I'd love to see that come back next year. This whole cliff idea would be amazing and a picnic table gap would be sick, also at the end of the run I remember last year you had a giant quarter pipe I forget the size but what if you had that again with a mailbox on top or maybe just a really high mailbox like you had in the small section for a bit this year. Another thing I'd love to see is some real street stuff like someone mentioned earlier like ledges and maybe just some small kickers and some movable objects to ollie and trick over like some road blocks and such. Ah also that whole park pass idea would be GREAT, this season I must've argued with 5 to 10 parents whos kids could barely ski that were in the parks and on the landings of jumps and I'd come up and over and see them laying or standing there and I'd have to wash out one guy was just like rolling over the side of the jump next to the launch and exploded on me about my "being to close to him" when he was just standing on the lander. Please inact the park pass for the bigger park or just the parks in general next year, I know so many people that had problems with people being in the parks that shoudln't have been there also please bring the big hit park in the tubing back next year! :woot:rock:rock:rock:rock:woot

Guest Mojo80

i agree everything was real good at the end of the season, how were the very last 2 weeks, i missed them cuz i broke my collar bone skiing in vermont. Now i really can't wait to ski agian. Anyone know when next season starts for Bear? hahaha

next year i think it would be sick to have like bonks and stuff in the parks. If anyone has seen the DC MTN LAB video, Eddie Wall's part has a perfect example of what im lookin for. Lots of jibs that arent really made for snowboarding. barrels, stumps, etc.

also a picnic table gap would be real funnn

Stop making boxes please everything there is abox theres only about 5 rails and most of the blow.

next year you should make a Rail Garden right infront of the quad or to the left. Were people only have to hike 100+ feet and can hit multiple rails spread out. Go to www.Bearmtn.com

They Have a sick ass one.

I know everyone is thinking of perfect rails, jumps, and setups but what should be done first this summer is to convex the park trails a bit. Convexing ( Having a surface or boundary that curves or bulges outward, as the exterior of a sphere) the trails would help early in the season and late when the snow is melting a bit. And may be the addition of gutters on each side of the trail. I know each year when the snow starts to melt it runs right thru the middle hit in the big park, puts a slush coat skiers left next to the start of the half pipe, or after middle hit in the big park. It probably would also help replenish the ponds!! I know this is some thing minor that could extend the season for the park to say open that much longer. ALL IN FAVOR SAY "AYE".

But this year the park was great Love the rails and the massive jumps keep up the great work PC my beanie goes of to you!!!!!! :clap:clap:clap2:clap2:thumb:bow:banana:

I know everyone is thinking of perfect rails, jumps, and setups but what should be done first this summer is to convex the park trails a bit. Convexing ( Having a surface or boundary that curves or bulges outward, as the exterior of a sphere) the trails would help early in the season and late when the snow is melting a bit. And may be the addition of gutters on each side of the trail. I know each year when the snow starts to melt it runs right thru the middle hit in the big park, puts a slush coat skiers left next to the start of the half pipe, or after middle hit in the big park. It probably would also help replenish the ponds!! I know this is some thing minor that could extend the season for the park to say open that much longer. ALL IN FAVOR SAY "AYE".

But this year the park was great Love the rails and the massive jumps keep up the great work PC my beanie goes of to you!!!!!! :clap:clap:clap2:clap2:thumb:bow:banana:

thats actually a reallly good idea. they do that for soccer feilds and football feilds. blue does something similar; they have drainage ditches running about every 100 yards or so down the slope leading off to one side, where the water then runs back into the ponds. it seems like it works pretty well.

Pretty good idea. The drainage would help alot with the slush buildup in areas and wouldnt take all that much to pull off. Plus,I see people talk about getting papasteeze to do backhoe work....why not get him to do it if hes got the equipment? pay him w/ some passes and such? :rock

Def bring back a small "starters" park again,I thought it was a good idea for those trying to get into riding park and not having to make them hit the bigger stuff w/out being intimidated.

This was a good idea, the begineer park started out really good. But it just got neglegeted and ended up sucking by the end of the season.

Yeah,like the first 2 times I was there after they set it up it was nice,then after that it went to hell in a hand basket on the express train. the jumps got pretty bad and there was a decent sized bare spot that never got fixed near the end. Oh well...

Guest jeenyus2690

the beginer park was a good idea, but it needs to be moved. it help with getting some out but others didnt even know it was there. i think that if it were more noticable it would keep more people out.

Pretty good idea. The drainage would help alot with the slush buildup in areas and wouldnt take all that much to pull off. Plus,I see people talk about getting papasteeze to do backhoe work....why not get him to do it if hes got the equipment? pay him w/ some passes and such? :rock

Def bring back a small "starters" park again,I thought it was a good idea for those trying to get into riding park and not having to make them hit the bigger stuff w/out being intimidated.

Moving that much earth and grading it in a way that would be as beneficial as skierboy says it would be would certainly require much heavier equipment than one backhoe... Alot more goes into grading a trail than just romping around with a big blade and a powerful motor, maybe not in our area, but at bigger places. Well designed drainage plans would definitely have a positive influence though. There were more than a few puddles that looked like they didn't need to be there.

Yeah this season i went to cali for some boarding and it was sickk!

At bearmtn they had a similar trail setup like The kodiak and then the Black Bear park which is lower than kodiak. Well they had a sick step up jump at the side of the run and you would have to clear the rocks and such to get to the higher run(kodiak) It was soo nice. It had such nice pop and was soo fun to session.

It would be sick to incorparate(sp?) some natural effects to the park. Like maybe get some stuff out of the junkyard andmake it into Jibs/ or bonks. Like a couch that had a small jump over it and people could bonk it. Or like get a fridge and use it as a box. Oh yeah and i would really like to see a Manual pad like its 2 feet high and youd have to ollie onto it and its like 10feet wide by 20 feet long. There so nice to butter across.

OH yeah and before you do any of this Get some new lighting please.

Hire Papasteeze to move the dirt around... :lol

Yeah .... and you stick rocks on dead peoples heads..

The problem is guys.. That dirt moving requires a huge number of permits, before you can even get the permits, the local munincipalities have to approve the disturbance.. Stormwater Management Plans, Sedimention and Erosion along with a sequence of construction all needing approval by the Department of Enviromental Protection, that can take eons, (SWM by the DEP) not including the engineering expense for the plans to show how all the 100 yr storm water run off is going to be controlled not to mention the cost of those facilities to control that run off.

Clearing of wooded vegetation on slopes over 20% is typically prohibited every where in the Commonwealth of PA

BTW - We were blasting today.. mmmmmm.... BOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah .... and you stick rocks on dead peoples heads..

The problem is guys.. That dirt moving requires a huge number of permits, before you can even get the permits, the local munincipalities have to approve the disturbance.. Stormwater Management Plans, Sedimention and Erosion along with a sequence of construction all needing approval by the Department of Enviromental Protection, that can take eons, (SWM by the DEP) not including the engineering expense for the plans to show how all the 100 yr storm water run off is going to be controlled not to mention the cost of those facilities to control that run off.

Clearing of wooded vegetation on slopes over 20% is typically prohibited every where in the Commonwealth of PA

BTW - We were blasting today.. mmmmmm.... BOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very true and good points. How did I see past that part. :banghead

Blasting eh? :drool:rock Where @?