Bear Creek Park Ideas

BC Iron Works

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Mountain Creeks pipe is almost all dirt. I've ridden up to it on my bike, and I would never drop in on my bike, its that big. Superpipes out west are all snow for the most part, which is why they are so big. If BC had the funding that came along with being owned by Intrawest, it would be feasible, but definitely a waste of resources as things stand now.

Yeah Mountain Creeks pipe is almost all dirt. I've ridden up to it on my bike, and I would never drop in on my bike, its that big. Superpipes out west are all snow for the most part, which is why they are so big. If BC had the funding that came along with being owned by Intrawest, it would be feasible, but definitely a waste of resources as things stand now.

ok i agree, i like what Dharrisburg said, focus on the jumps and rails

• 2 weeks later...

I think a mini-pipe would be fine in bear. since no one there is real serious about pipe, maybe somethin to mess around with would be good. 5 ft walls would be kinda cool.

that would be kinda cool i guess, i loved spinning out of a smaller pipe like camelbacks, but maybe a little bigger tham 5 ft, and stick it in the beginner park, keep the normal pipe

I've got an idea for a rail, tell me what you guys think. You get an H-beam, and build up some earth/snow at either end of it. It could be however high you wanted it to be, and have nothign underneath it. It would be flat and wide on top like a box, but have a cool and unique look to it. Not sure how well iron would slide, but maybe make it out of a different material or cover the top with something.

I've got an idea for a rail, tell me what you guys think. You get an H-beam, and build up some earth/snow at either end of it. It could be however high you wanted it to be, and have nothign underneath it. It would be flat and wide on top like a box, but have a cool and unique look to it. Not sure how well iron would slide, but maybe make it out of a different material or cover the top with something.

sounds interesting, idk if it would work either, might kill some boards, i vote for and X box like those in the XGAMES, that would be sweet

sounds interesting, idk if it would work either

I was going more for the look of it rather than an actual H-beam. We've got one of these set ups at work and it struck me as looking pretty cool. I'll try to get a pic of it. Even if you fabricated it out of somethign completely different, it would still be something cool in a park, it looks cool, but is essentially a straight box.

Just my 2 cents :)

I was going more for the look of it rather than an actual H-beam. We've got one of these set ups at work and it struck me as looking pretty cool. I'll try to get a pic of it. Even if you fabricated it out of somethign completely different, it would still be something cool in a park, it looks cool, but is essentially a straight box.

Just my 2 cents :)

yeah basically a box

I dont get the point of having a superpipe at bear. It will take sooo long to get it fully covered and cut. And also maintaining that would be a bitch with all the kids that snowplow through it. Just think about how every pipe anywhere in pa's a peice. And look how long it took bear to make a 10 foot pipe last season. Right after christmas it opened. Im just praying for some rails next year. Fuck boxes . Rails please. And get some urban shit like "bonkcans:" and some huge angle iron a rails would be nice.

A down rail would be pretty cool. Like two of them. One with a mellower jump on . And another with a higher jump on.

Hell Yeah on the urban shit like "bonkcans" damn why did it take this long for anybody to mention that...I really liked the urban flow of the terrain park at Booter mountain...a bonkcan/butterbox garden and maybe some W or V rails would be tight. Also what about kickers meant for skiers like the ones in mogul courses...you know the ones that really boot you up there but aren't real wide...that would be a ight

Hah i could see lil kids going off them and flipping backwards only a lil bit and falling right on the necks. Haha i would chill out there the whole day watching kids eat shit. Yeah if you wana have a good terrain park your going to have to up the antee every year comming up with unigue things in the park. Like last year a bunch of places were putting in lil spines with a tree to press on and a bunch of like trash cans in parks for people to bonk which are fun. A rails are nice, down jump on from the side rails would be nice. And maybe a lil stair set. With one thin box going down on one side, One kink rail in the middle and or a straight rail and a kink box/rail again. And i want like a urban gap with A lil lip on the jump and a like 10 foot step down gap on it, Which would look sick for slow spins.

Oh and i really want a freeking a model of sasquatch jib/bonk

:devil::devil::devil: It's gross and the broken bottles along the Appalachian trail that are from last summer or earlier also suck...Does Bear Creek have the garbage problem that Booter mountain has?

no not at all, Bear is generally very clean with your occasional piece of trash every once in a while

Adk idk about you guys but i cant pump my 5foot6 ass up a 22 foot wall

your saying you can get to the top of bears wall??

no not at all, Bear is generally very clean with your occasional piece of trash every once in a while

your saying you can get to the top of bears wall??

No i can do bears old pipe easilly. Im talking about a superpipe, it would be a bitch to get out of for me.

No i dont rap anymore. I like rock/alternative/indie yo no g-fab shiat.

I was just thinking of how nice it would be to have a bunch of benches throughout the park so lazys like me can sit/watch/film/session/strap in. ANd i want my own lift that has a couch and a tv on it.

And also have a bunch of those Plastic orange wall dividers as rails/boxes would be sick!

No i dont rap anymore. I like rock/alternative/indie yo no g-fab shiat.

I was just thinking of how nice it would be to have a bunch of benches throughout the park so lazys like me can sit/watch/film/session/strap in. ANd i want my own lift that has a couch and a tv on it.

And also have a bunch of those Plastic orange wall dividers as rails/boxes would be sick!

i agree benches would be so nice up top to sit on and strap in, but i usually just do it on the lift and head straight down the park

i agree benches would be so nice up top to sit on and strap in, but i usually just do it on the lift and head straight down the park

No like when your sessioning a rail or a jump and you have to strap in again and again.

Sean only you would want your own lift with a couch and tv. but it would be cool to see benches through out the park to sit on but they might get ruined by people grinding and bonking them.

something that i saw that was cool was 1 foot high 8 foot long rails that have no jump on them. you just put them on a flater sections and you can just jump on and do 270s off.

• 3 weeks later...

HANDRAILS.........PLEASE! and good ones, like the ones at mtn creek, not like the one at blue where its only like 10 ft long. some nice long, mellow downsloped handrails, maybe even with steps under them to make it more real. and im not bustin on bear here b/c its my home mtn and im proud of it, i love the place, but lets get some creative stuff in there, and no more circus rails. Ide like to see some log jibs and and some other creative stuff, bear mtn out in cali does alot of it, just random stuff thats fun to bonk or slide, stuff to change up the pace every once in a while.