Bear Creek Park Ideas

BC Iron Works

Obviously, we all know how to build parks up here, but were looking for some ideas, were always open to change and feel its usually for the better, I can tell you now PArk B will remain the same wit changing rails and hits, due to terrain it has really worked out well in the past, Channel gaps and various other hits as well as a large step up in the middle will most likely be what youll see, but im interested to hear if anyone else has ideas, Brad from lifts suggests a man made cliff wit hit on top, and what not.

Even if you make a suggestion on here and dont see it at opening dont get all worried we didnt listen, We will be changing the park roughly every 2 weeks during the season, and we need all your ideas for those late, long, and super cold nites!

Thanx Andy :woot

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boxes or rails like how ever many feet you desire above the deck of the half pipe or quarter pipe to stall on or grind on. Kind of like how bikers stall on the fence of a quarter pipe. I dont know if you had this there last year, but a longgggggggggg down flat down rail or box. A huge butter box like 6 foot wide. It would be really cool to see like real life obstacles or something in the park like a ledge or something, like cement or wood, something real urban. Again I dont know if you had any of this there last year but I like the cliff idea a lot. I even said before bears park is blowing up and will challenge mountain creek this year. I dont care what anyone says.

I second that. I absolutely love BCs park and I'm getting a season pass there this year even though its over an hour from my house. I'd love to see pictures of the new boxes and rails for this year too.

I'd say keep the nice flow that you had going from last year, which I'm sure you will. I would personally love to see even a very small version of this:

cliffkick.gif

Thats from Level 1 Production's "Shanghai Six" by the way, but the point is, even a 4 foot off the ground one of those would be really fun, a 10 foot one would be insane. I love the gap on. There are barely any of those in Skiing/Boarding and I love that crap. If you guys built that, I would probably weep for joy in the middle of the park for an hour. Thats about all I can think of now. Thanks for asking our opinions.

were already ahead of you wit the Shanghai six pic, were talking about that, though it will prolly be a contest feature, maybe a regular feature its hard to say

im hoping by the fall festival theyll be sitting out side, or at least the u box, umm, hard to say cuz our main welder goes out and helps some other places and hes been getting taken away from the importants stuff, jibs lol, id like to go up and weld them up myself but im a vehicle person during summer and cant realy break away other then to oversee and paint some stuff, but yea man if im not working i can get ya in the shop if theres something cool to see, i hope that there will be a lot done by then maybe not the huge box

<_< hmm good question, im not sure, ill either be wearing a t shirt towards the fs movement, like siver or something, im bigger then most park rats, 6 ft 2 pretty muscular, and im usually loud! it prolly wont be hard to find me if im there, ask someone one who works there, Like Mary (Bear Creek chick) or Mark Shrotel, if im around theyll point me out and ill be glad to chat wit anyone, most likely thought unless rails are pulled out of the garage you wont see them til ur next stop by BEar! idunno, keep an eye out for a big guy talking nuffing but terrain park, its prolly me and im sure everyone will be asking me 10,000 questions lol, but im all for it, im just as stoked as everyone else, i just have some of the head aches during the season lol

Something I would love to see is a big multi-jump that would include a table-top (or cheese wedge) and two hips. It would have the table/wedge in the middle and on each side would be a hip.

If you put it toward the top of the line (like right after the cheese wedges you had last year) it could be the splitting point for different lines. The three options on how to hit it could lead you into a three different themed lines. Maybe the middle line (hitting it as a table straight on) would be focused on jumps, while the left line could focus more on rails, and the right could be a mix.

I think it would be a pretty fresh set-up for a jump. Insteade of just being limiited to a table-top, you'd have three options to choose from.

Something I would love to see is a big multi-jump that would include a table-top (or cheese wedge) and two hips. It would have the table/wedge in the middle and on each side would be a hip.

If you put it toward the top of the line (like right after the cheese wedges you had last year) it could be the splitting point for different lines. The three options on how to hit it could lead you into a three different themed lines. Maybe the middle line (hitting it as a table straight on) would be focused on jumps, while the left line could focus more on rails, and the right could be a mix.

I think it would be a pretty fresh set-up for a jump. Insteade of just being limiited to a table-top, you'd have three options to choose from.

Oh yeah.....couldn't have said it better myself :rofl

• 4 weeks later...

i think a cliff would be a great idea. a huge 40ft staight rail would be awsome the u rail sounds insane i think mabye you should have like a small quarter pipe then stick a log or telophone staight up at the top but put it on an angle so it is slidable. also u coul have like a hand rail with wooden steps underneath it so it would like like a hand rail at a store. :yes

2 suggestions:

1) This got me mocked to no end on the bear creek message board on snowboard.com, but.. I think Mountain Creek's idea of having the advanced features of the park require a special pass - brilliant. Just a simple "hey you have to watch this video" type of a thing would keep people from sitting around, camping out at the bottom of jumps, and possibly keep families of 4 with little kids just trying to keep from falling, from sliding through. In no way is this a "ooh i'm better than little kids!" type of suggestion, but safety-wise, it sucks having to worry about people over their head ability-wise, getting hurt. This is especially frustrating on timberline, which can be soooo much fun when the creek is empty :)

2) Freestyle clinincs of some sort would be dope. I'd definitely pay for a couple hours of group lessons geared towards correcting mistakes I'm constantly making in the park, if they were from people who were good at giving such pointers.

Also, is there any chance of the pipe being cut more often this year? It seemed like it was only cut for the comps, and othertimes it was way choppy. I'm absolutely horrendous in that area, flat out brutal. I'm hoping to double my 3 inches of air in the pipe from last year to this year. Yes, inches.

the addition of tombstones or different jumps involve the hips better. a single forward jump that reaches the straight table landing wouldnt be optimal for landing on the closer, steeper hip landing.

the problem with those step up gap jumps is they are hard to maintain, can't put a cat up there once you cut the gap so they ahv e to be done by hand. Its not worth wasting the park crew's time for it.

I haven't been to Bear Creek before but I'll probably take a trip down once you guys get the park all done (I'm a mountain creek local/season passholder) but the most popular stuff up here are the simple ones, but big. Like the 40 foot handrail and the 40 foot flat boxes and the 32 foot flat down double barrel, you can't have enough of those steezy features. A big rainbow or battleship box, an S Rail, just do that kind of stuff instead of these circus rail type things. Mountain Creek has a habit of making a few rails every year that just suck becuase they're more of a like get from one end to the other type thing instead of giving eveyrone a rail they can play on. I don't know what you rail inventory is but - a long flat box, a long flat rail, a long down box, a long down rail, a flat-down, a down-flat-down, a flat-down-flat, a rainbow, a battleship, and a C rail should be the minimum for your big park becuase those are the most popular features everywehre and you can get your riders the chance to hit it all.

I remember some pictures last year and the rail setups looked good, but we have some rails up here that have a real low ramp coming on so you can't hit them straight on yo uhave to hit them from the side streetstyle, one or 2 downrails with that setup are great for learning too.

A wallride, i dunno our wallride didn't go over too big, maybe it was just too large but not a lot of people were doing well on it.

My suggestion is pretty much keep the rails simple and make the snow features/ramps for rails perfect.

One rail that could be fun though would be like an 8' high or 10' high rail with a massive gap, we have one and few hit it but those that do get some respect.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jeenyus2690

yeh the park at bear is awesome! i think that if you had more jumps like the first one it was insane. also if you had some way to keep out all the very little skiers and families it would be great. In not trying to be biased but it gets tiring trying to look out for them all the time. but keep up the good work.

the park at bear is ill. keep the flow of the main park, but what id like to see (in addition to the cliff and multi jump mentioned before) is a longer double kink, to have the wallride fixed so youre not absorbing a 90 degree angle, the pipe cut more often, and more gaps to rails.

and oh yeah. the park pass is an excellent idea.