PASR Day!

ThinkSnow

PASkiandRide.com will be having a get-together at Bear Creek this Saturday!

Come on out to meet the people you've been talking to every day, and check out what Bear Creek has put together.

Let's make this one relatively early (9ish?) so we can all get back to the family in a reasonable amount of time.

Sign in this thread if you plan on being there, I'll be the first!

I might be able to get there this Saturday. If not then I will be at Camelback. I hope I can. What do I have to do to participate in this PASR day thing at Bear Creek? Do I have to wear anything from PASR? Or should I just come in person and say my name off this message board? But I hope I can get there on Saturday, that would deffinitly rock :rock !

I might be able to get there this Saturday. If not then I will be at Camelback. I hope I can. What do I have to do to participate in this PASR day thing at Bear Creek? Do I have to wear anything from PASR? Or should I just come in person and say my name off this message board? But I hope I can get there on Saturday, that would deffinitly rock :rock !

No, there are no requirements whatsoever (you will have to buy a lift ticket, but that's not for us :) ).

Just look for the group of us with stickers on our helmets and such, we're pretty easy to find! Come up and introduce yourself, and take some runs with us.

I'd love to go. Because I'll have money this time..the only thing is that my bro dropped my skis off at skibum today to get waxed and what not and it says to pick up after the 24th

BUMMER

you could always call them up and tell them that u need them for friday

I'd love to go. Because I'll have money this time..the only thing is that my bro dropped my skis off at skibum today to get waxed and what not and it says to pick up after the 24th

BUMMER

I would bet that if you called them up they would help you out and get them done by the 23rd...

I would bet that if you called them up they would help you out and get them done by the 23rd...

it takes 15 minutes to sharpen/wax, wait an hour, and 15 minutes to scrape/brush, it doesn't take days...it's even quicker when they've got a roto brush. Of course they can be done on the 23rd :)

BUMMER

ZONKED!!!! which shop? PM me, you will have them in time!

Nipples and I will be there!!

Looks like $38 for a 4 hour ticket, or $45 for an all day

Or $32 and $34 respectively under age 21.

That's interesting... their tickets are on a revolving time? neato

I guess they have to scan you every time you get on a lift, to check the expiration?

http://www.skibearcreek.com/rates/daily_rates.cfm

Edited by ThinkSnow

it takes 15 minutes to sharpen/wax, wait an hour, and 15 minutes to scrape/brush, it doesn't take days...it's even quicker when they've got a roto brush. Of course they can be done on the 23rd :)

Five days to look at them, then 30 minutes to tune them; and the whole time she's without skis. I love shops :D

Five days to look at them, then 30 minutes to tune them; and the whole time she's without skis. I love shops :D

Well ya never know. My bro took them in for me So he was probably like "keep them as long as possible." Being the nice brother that he is haha

Edited by Zonked

Well ya never know. My bro took them in for me So he was probably like "keep them as long as possible." Being the nice brother that he is haha

We'll have a little talk with him, Zonked :devil:

That's why I rarely get my skis professionally tuned. I need to look through tuning tips online.

Online? Who the hell are WE , Doug? :D And, btw, a shop provides an amateur tune, rather than a professional tune. You'll get a better tune doing it yourself by hand the first time, as opposed to a machine tune. Skiing daily around here means you should be running a file or diamond stone over your edges just about every day for a quick touch-up.

A gummi is more for deburring and a final polish...you can pick up a pocket 'multi-tuner' for $20, or so. It doesn't take much effort and you can do it in about one minute in the parking lot.

http://reliableracing.com/detail.cfm?edp=1...3&category=2000

Rub on wax is better than nothing. It doesn't soak into your bases, so it isn't much protection from oxydation and only lasts a run or two.

I just picked up my first hot wax last night. Its a Swix all temp and it says it can be used to rub on too. I'm going to go over to the Salvation Army later and pick up a cheap iron. If all goes well I'll have a fresh coat of wax for tomorrow at Blue.

Yeah, Schif, you can use it either way, but you need a cork (it can be one made for waxing, or just any old champagne cork) to rub it in. You simply take the wax and draw on your base, making loops and whatever---that's called 'crayoning'. Then take some cork and rub it in...the cork rubbing heats the wax and melts it in a little.

But hot waxing is better, since it soaks the wax in deeper.

I have a busy week at work, Doug Doug, and we're not skiing until Thursday. Sunday was beautiful with my daughter on the sunny upper slopes at Montage, then I grabbed a few runs down on the North Face.

Even if their not done with the ski's you should be able to go pick them up in the morning, take them out for the day and drop them off again. Although I'm sure with Papa's connections he can get you into the "priority que."

I'll be riding Whiteface all day on the 24th, so I won't be able to make the BC day. Hope everyone has a great time!

Wait, since I just signed onto this thing earlier this month, what EXACTLY do people do during PASR day? I am just wondering, if you guys do tricks, I don't like doing tricks, i am more of a person that just goes down the mountain for the heck of it, you know, just to go down for fun without all the extra pressure of people watching you go doing tricks.

Wait, since I just signed onto this thing earlier this month, what EXACTLY do people do during PASR day? I am just wondering, if you guys do tricks, I don't like doing tricks, i am more of a person that just goes down the mountain for the heck of it, you know, just to go down for fun without all the extra pressure of people watching you go doing tricks.

Do what ever you want. Pretty much ski and have a good time. PASR days are very relaxed.

Do what ever you want. Pretty much ski and have a good time. PASR days are very relaxed.

:werd

It's basically just a time for a bunch of us to get together and enjoy some company of snow lovers on the slopes. Some people love to hang in the park, others love to race, but it's more about hanging out and enjoying skiing with others that share the passion than it is about anything else.