free sking at CB 12/24

skierboi

Free Lift tickets for Santa! Join us Christmas Eve, December 24th in Santa attire and receive a FREE LIFT TICKET! In order to qualify as one of the Camelback's "Skiing/Boarding Santas" you must fulfill the following dress code and requirements: Please arrive dressed and ready to hit the slopes in ALL the required attire: Santa Hat, Beard, Jacket(Solid-Colored Red Jacket), Pants (Solid-Colored Red/Black Pants); No exceptions or substitutions to the dress code are permitted. Offer not valid for snowtubing. "Santa's Helpers" will be on hand to approve attire prior to issuance of lift tickets.

Edited by skierboi

Park City had a similar thing going on with skiing santas and I saw a clip of it on the weather channel. Christmas is all about Santa, if it wasn't for Santa, Christmas wouldn't be so commercially successful. Even my dog gets Christmas presents and shes agnostic. On the skiing topic now thats its going to be warmer this weekend, maybe I can think of a cool outfit to wear for the 24th. Either Baby Jesus or the Christmas Poo from south park...hidey ho...or Towlee.

this is kind of off topic, but who "owns" santa, like companies use his image to sell things, some one has to be gettin some of that profit.

Yeah - CB does seem to be full of themselves.. No doubt. there are some definite trends and shifts in the atmosphere. I believe you will see a friendlier mountain as time progresses.

speaking of friendly mountains, when i went up to BC today, everyone that was a staff memeber said hi, the lifties are awesome, they wave everytime i get on/off the liftt. its a really great place

speaking of friendly mountains, when i went up to BC today, everyone that was a staff memeber said hi, the lifties are awesome, they wave everytime i get on/off the liftt. its a really great place

I think I embarrassed the GM at BC this summer when I told him "if I had the money, I would fire the GM at CB and insert him in a heart beat" I can't rave enough about that place, everything about it except the vert.

Your right the lifties on average are great guys...the problem is as you go up the food chain at CB the bigger the egos get.

I hate places that make you do rediculous things to get an incentive. Just give away the damn tickets, if not then why do it?

Why so bitter? You don't like CB anyway, do you? If anyone wants to give out free tickets, why not let them? If you don't wan to dress up like santa, then don't, and pay full price for a ticket. Atleast this year you have a chance to get a free ticket :rock

Why so bitter? You don't like CB anyway, do you? If anyone wants to give out free tickets, why not let them? If you don't wan to dress up like santa, then don't, and pay full price for a ticket. Atleast this year you have a chance to get a free ticket :rock

good call.. i may actually be dressed up for the free pass haha not sure though

Free Lift tickets for Santa! Join us Christmas Eve, December 24th in Santa attire and receive a FREE LIFT TICKET! In order to qualify as one of the Camelback's "Skiing/Boarding Santas" you must fulfill the following dress code and requirements: Please arrive dressed and ready to hit the slopes in ALL the required attire: Santa Hat, Beard, Jacket(Solid-Colored Red Jacket), Pants (Solid-Colored Red/Black Pants); No exceptions or substitutions to the dress code are permitted. Offer not valid for snowtubing. "Santa's Helpers" will be on hand to approve attire prior to issuance of lift tickets.

Yeah, but once approved, do you have to keep the costume on? And how about Mrs. Claus? :naughty

Edited by bigdaddyk

... Even my dog gets Christmas presents and shes agnostic...

:lol:rofl

How do you know she's agnostic? :confused ... and even if she is, Christmas seems to have less and less to do with faith each year.

but still, I nearly laughed out loud at work when I read that!

For me Christmas has nothing to do with religion but I'm not even Christian. It's about getting together with family, eating alot, and presents. I'm glad they're calling Christmas vacation winter break now to be PC and that they're taking all the Jesus stuff out of Christmas in the schools. I don't know the faith of my dog but I figure that she doesn't believe in god. As for you lol-ing at work... :rock that's what I like to do. I have to wait 6 more days until I can make 50+ people crack up at Karaoke.

i agree im not religious at all and to me christmas is just bringin the family together.. giving eachother gifts and then just having a good time with the family and sometimes even go to the mountain together haha

I hate all of that politial correctness bull. We need to be tolerent of other people not ban everything that might offend someone. If you want to celebrate christmas by being with you family and stuff that is great and I very happy for you. But that doesn't change the fact that Christmas is a christain holiday, and always will be. Trying to take religon out of christmas is wrong. You can celebrate however you want but you need to be tolerent of other customs, and trying to be politicaly correct by taking religon out of christmas is possibaly one of the most intolerant things they can do. I'll leave it at that because this is a skiing and snowboarding MB not about stuff that is wrong with the world.

Christmas started as a pagan holiday. Christians adopted the holiday for their own devices.

Uhhh, kind of, but not really. Christmas itself is the celebration of the birth of Christ (Obviously christian). What is pagan is the symbols and ritual that were combined with this celebration. For example, the X-mas tree is a pagan tradition originating in Germany, as is the practice of hanging wreaths and sprays of pine.