Urban Session

LineSki

We awoke to a great dumping of snow and realized it was time to do an urban handrail. So me and 4 friends traveled to Lafayatte College campus. My two other friends had already hit this rail and said it was nice and mellow so we decieded to go do it. We loaded up our shovels and shit and were on our way through college hill. So we took some time building the inrun and jump because the campus patrol was on our asses and after they decieded they werent going to do anything we proceeded. So we are hitting it for about 20 minutes, we are all eating shit and some of us are cleaning it. it was REAL sticky, I think that was due to the fact that it was an aluminum rail. We get a big crowd watching us and these two other kids come and are like hey can we hit it to so we say sure and they join in the fun. after that two more kids come up and want to do it too. So all in all it was a great day and we had lots of fun enjoy some shitty pictures.

2597425700081785755ZhOJCF_ph.jpg

the setup

2830563520081785755CnfZRR_ph.jpg

This is rickymc hitting the rail

2856340040081785755zSmkRt_ph.jpg

this is skipoleupmyass, he came close to cleaning the whole thing but fell towards the end hit one of the poles with his shin and completely busted his shin open. I could see the meat!

2943041140081785755oaKXlh_ph.jpg

this is my friend justin, I think this was his attempt at 270 on

2421259070081785755FjqjNO_ph.jpg

This was one of the college kids that came out to hit it with us, he was killing this shit

2301847740081785755cKoIFb_ph.jpg

This is rickymc's ass

2618349060081785755WKFhAv_ph.jpg

Justin falling on yet another 270 attempt

2415494230081785755BxscwS_ph.jpg

picture of the some other kid

and that was my day

Edited by LineSki

thats sick.. me and my friends as well went out to do a little handrail session but i was the only one who wanted to hit it.. heres a pic

gallery_444_9_23619.jpg

not the best pic but it was at night and thats the best we could do..

soon after landing that i almost got nailed by a snowmobile who was drving right at me and almost tipped the snowmobile while trying to stop 2 ft infront of me (his fault)

anywho we soon stopped cause it was a sketchy set up and i was the only on hitting it..

yeah I heard lehigh has some nice ones too. but lafayette also has alot more. they have some crazy kinks that i wouldnt try. but there is a dub kink ledge marbel ledge were going to hit up. Me and my friend are going back out afterschool to do another handrail

security at lehigh is so hit or miss. i've gone there plenty of times to skate, and sometimes we skate for hours and dont get booted, and other times you're kicked out in under 5 minutes, so its really a tough call. if you're serious about hitting some good rails that no one's ever tried before though, there's plenty at lehigh. i havent actually counted, but i am going to estimate that there is one there thats something like a down flat down-s flat down or something retarded like that thats easily over 100 stairs.

security at lehigh is so hit or miss. i've gone there plenty of times to skate, and sometimes we skate for hours and dont get booted, and other times you're kicked out in under 5 minutes, so its really a tough call. if you're serious about hitting some good rails that no one's ever tried before though, there's plenty at lehigh. i havent actually counted, but i am going to estimate that there is one there thats something like a down flat down-s flat down or something retarded like that thats easily over 100 stairs.

half the rails at lehigh would be almost impossible to hit on skis. most of them are long, fast, and have a ton of kinks in them. theres two handicaps that are definately do-able on skis, and one down kink, thats pretty much it.

the rail youre talking about i think is a down (like 20 stairs) flat (like 10 feet) down (20 stairs) then it kinks left and bends cause theres no supports on it, flat (15 feet) down (4 stairs) flat, down (4 stairs) flat, down (4 stairs) flat (15 feet)....its a super hard rail and theres a tree next to the part were it kinks left, so your screwed if you come off.

we got to get somebody to try titanic over in p burg haha. that shit is crazy.

Edited by Shadows

the rail youre talking about i think is a down (like 20 stairs) flat (like 10 feet) down (20 stairs) then it kinks left and bends cause theres no supports on it, flat (15 feet) down (4 stairs) flat, down (4 stairs) flat, down (4 stairs) flat (15 feet)....its a super hard rail and theres a tree next to the part were it kinks left, so your screwed if you come off.

we got to get somebody to try titanic over in p burg haha. that shit is crazy.

my one friend did that rail on his rollerblades.. i have it on tape somewhere.. if im thinking of the same one