Better Ways to the Spend the Money than the 6-Pack

trackbiker

the trails at blue mountain have plenty of character, but there are so few of them compared with camelback. this is their main and possibly only disadvantage compared with CB, but it is a big one. blue needs more variety - if you don't count the tiny connecting trails, then they have the following trails:

I agree. Just becuase you can call it a trail doesn't mean you should. Upper and Lower Switchback for example....that is one trail damn it! Who does Blue think they are kidding? Hahaha. I also agree that CB's trails are better/ have more character, but everything else there that sucks cancels out the good trail factor. Just my $0.02.

Edited by sexkitten

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the trails at blue mountain have plenty of character, but there are so few of them compared with camelback. this is their main and possibly only disadvantage compared with CB, but it is a big one. blue needs more variety - if you don't count the tiny connecting trails, then they have the following trails:

I agree. Just becuase you can call it a trail doesn't mean you should. Upper and Lower Switchback for example....that is one trail damn it! Who does Blue think they are kidding? Hahaha. I also agree that CB's trails are better/ have more character, but everything else there that sucks cancels out the good trail factor. Just my $0.02.

where the tiny trees are on switch back that use to be where you could jump over from main street or hop on lower switch back

They just need to use all the extra space they have past paradise and make more trails.

there is no space beyond paradise....

camelback is nowhere near blue, so how would they have anything to do with that area?

i agree about removing the double chairs by main street and replacing them with a high speed quad.

it wouldnt boost people movement.. thats been looked into already...think bout it.. when one chair stops the other is moving.. if it was a quad.. when itd stop everyone stops.. 2 lifts like that is better, faster and equals more pople to top of mtn.. then a quad would..

there is no space beyond paradise....

it wouldnt boost people movement.. thats been looked into already...think bout it.. when one chair stops the other is moving.. if it was a quad.. when itd stop everyone stops.. 2 lifts like that is better, faster and equals more pople to top of mtn.. then a quad would..

thats why you replace the main street chair with a quad, and keep the burma chair there and running for beginners, so when they suck at getting on the lift, the people coming from main, switchback, lazy, etc, can ride the quad without it stopping as frequently. also, it would draw more traffic to that area of the mountain, spacing the people out, instead of having the east side of the mountain be a complete zoo on weekends. the only reason i can see that makes the 6 pack feasible is due to the increased traffic on the east side from the new condos.

Good point, but are there really gonna be that many condos to warrant putting a six pack down there

that i do not know. my best guess is no, and once they were initially spread out in the morning, you wouldnt really need a 6 pack there and a quad over on the other side of the mountain would be more beneficial. what do i know though, i only ski there a few times a week, i'm sure the mountain managers get out on the mountain to check out these things far more often. :no

You can purchase all 4 shares...There is alot of available land and houses in Lehigh Township...I see that as the next hot spot for people moving into the Lehigh Valley...if I had the $$$ I'd buy a farm or two and subdivide...with the expansion at Blue I see real estate values in that area rising..

i was talking to the lift operater at the quad who i work with that blue owns a 1/2 mile past paradise and they also own that huge lot across the street from the bottom lodge.

So are you saying I should buy a place off the mountain and not waste my money on a 1/4 share condo? I think that the upkeep a house requires would be way more of a PITA than sharing a condo. Maybe one of you guys would like to be my maintainance man. Think about it, you could stop by the joint on the way to or from Blue and make sure that it is clean and in one piece once a week or so. There would be no pay, but I would be willing to negotiate a discounted cover charge.

Edited by sexkitten

As long as I could wear my stripper outfit..tool belt, granny panties, and cowboy hat. You will also have to refer to me as "MC Spartacus" which is my stage name.

Hey MC Spartacus I dig the "I smoke crack and thought this stuff went together" look so if you don't mind cleaning the house in that get up then neither do I. Actually, now that I think about it, I might have to require you to wear your stripper outfit when in the house. That way I can take pictures and sell them on the internet. I suspect quite a few PASRers would be interested. I would have to change my signature to "PM me for pics. This week Doug mops the floor and looses his grannies in the process. Hotttt!"

Edited by sexkitten

Hey MC Spartacus I dig the "I smoke crack and thought this stuff went together" look so if you don't mind cleaning the house in that get up then neither do I. Actually, now that I think about it, I might have to require you to wear your stripper outfit when in the house. That way I can take pictures and sell them on the internet. I suspect quite a few PASRers would be interested. I would have to change my signature to "PM me for pics. This week Doug mops the floor and looses his grannies in the process. Hotttt!"

mentally images :no

So are you saying I should buy a place off the mountain and not waste my money on a 1/4 share condo? I think that the upkeep a house requires would be way more of a PITA than sharing a condo. Maybe one of you guys would like to be my maintainance man. Think about it, you could stop by the joint on the way to or from Blue and make sure that it is clean and in one piece once a week or so. There would be no pay, but I would be willing to negotiate a discounted cover charge.

Buy a lot near the mountain and throw an A-Frame on it...it could be done for a little over 100K

Buy a lot near the mountain and throw an A-Frame on it...it could be done for a little over 100K

Do you wanna help Doug/ MC Spartacus keep the place up in the summer and on the week days in season when Bob & I can't get up there? I could start a sign up sheet.

Yeah Papa, there was an article in the Morning Call at the end of last season about zoning issues if Blue would build condos. I'm under the impression that the condos are not allowed to be rented out year round, but only during the actual ski season.