Parks at Blue and Bear - Ideas for next year.

snorovr

There is a lot of talk between people about whose park is better, and everyone has their own opinion. I have had a blast in Bears park over the past couple of years, but it was obvious to many that Bue really raised the bar themselves this season. I'm sure there will be many more threads along this topic as the '06-'07 season draws closer, but why not start throwing ideas out there now. We forecasted a competition of sorts between the mountains this year in terms of whose park would be "better," but unfortunately the weather was rough in some spots which made it very hard for both places to keep their parks consistently top notch. Both mountains incorporated alot of suggestions from both the public and employees into their parks this year, and next year they will likely be an even bigger part of the final product that you end up riding. There is a pretty good presence on this board of park managers and workers, so you can guarantee that your voice will be heard. What kind of jibs, airs, and other features do you guys and girls wanna ride? Use pics, diagrams, and examples from movies whenever possible. Lets hear it!

I personally would love to see a quarter pipe at Blue. I saw Bears at the end of the jump line, but unfortunately it was pretty beat by the time I got to hit it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see a like, 60 foot straight box- that would be fun as hell. One of the things blue could do better is with their lips to rails. They need to make bigger jumps up to the rails, and have bigger gaps on, so you can get more tech. Blue needs to angle that wallride back in sidewinder. Yeah, it's a lot of work, but i've been there only once this year when it was hittable. Another thing- variation. Blue needs to use more of the features they have. They need to put out more rails, side by side, or staggered, just to have more options. Oh yeah, and what about the lower park? They should seriously take a bulldozer to that, to give it more of a down grade, so it's possible to hit stuff on those sticky days. With the stepping up of the park, something more is needed- PARK PASSES!!!! We all know the benefits. It should at least be for sidewinder. Speaking of sidewinder- lower sidewinder is beat. Next year, i'd like to see an actual boarderx course- one that throws you off of the rollers :lol . I was serious. The park was great this year, but it's time for blue to step it up even more. :rock (and i'm not talking about a 100 foot booter) It seems to me ,that at the top of sidewinder, between sidewinder and challenge, there is room to maybe put in a rail garden. Lemme find a pic to show you what i mean.

Like, around this area...

DSC03219.jpg

to the right of this dude

DSC03218.jpg

To the left of this man

DSC03217.jpg

I think you get the general idea.....

DSC03216.jpg

The only problem with a rail garden is they would have to remove the jumps because if they put rails next to the booters people who shouldnt be in the park have no way to get thro and will probably hurt themselves

I'm thinking they could cut it out , almost like another trail, accesibile at the top of sidewinder. Not widening sidewinder. If they did it, they could do it so it dumps out well after the booters.

i know this cant really happen unless they cut a new trail or something but anyway...

jump lines are awesome. just have 3 kickers in a row that flow really well. have a two option hit on each set. one big, one a little smaller.

a nice up rail with a really long, wide landing.

thats all i have right now. im easily satisfied i guess.

For blue..you guys really dont have the park set up on a good slope..there is way to many turns.In a park you shouldnt need to go around a turn.Next year see if you can put it on a straight with descent sized headwalls...build a nice line of booters on the left and put some rails with gaps to the left..and at the bottom put like a channel gap but make them table tops so the newbs can practice on shit..then down the bottom put some newb ride on rails to.

when i went to bear back in january i wasnt really impressed with there park.when i got there i was like its all talbe tops and it really wasnt fun.

what i would like to see is maybe an aframe box,s rail, some really long flat rails, s-rail,a log jib and more booters

For blue..you guys really dont have the park set up on a good slope..there is way to many turns.In a park you shouldnt need to go around a turn.Next year see if you can put it on a straight with descent sized headwalls...build a nice line of booters on the left and put some rails with gaps to the left..and at the bottom put like a channel gap but make them table tops so the newbs can practice on shit..then down the bottom put some newb ride on rails to.

:lol that's what the little park's for. I think sidewinder is fine for a park- i love it. Like zach said- it would be nice to have a park on main street. But, i'm used to sidewinder- maybe make the turns a little wider, like where the rails are after the wallride.

Bears Park was off the heezy fo sheezy this year.

It was alright when i was there, not what i expected, but fun nonetheless.

the park is fine where it is. they are widening it agani and cutting more turns out. having turns in the park is what makes it different from every other. i see no problem with it.

you like to think that.... but you know its not true. they just get piled up around the turns. i am convinced that is the reason for the wall ride. since it is set-up so poorly i think it is there to prevent people from flying into the woods.

but you have to admit it would be funny seeing newb's flying into the woods. give us some amusement while u were standing there waiting your turn to hit something

thank you trevor for bringing up this topic. hopefully keith and sabia take a look, cause there's some good suggestions in here. as for sidewinder, IF they actually get around to widening the rest of it this summer, a 3 or 4 hit jump line would be awesome. the two mini tables they have right now (one with the flat box on it) were awesome the first day or so after they built them, but they just got trashed so quickly, and have kept shrinking since then. tables, in my opinion, are much more fun, and a lot safer than stepdowns. unfortunately, at blue, with the amount of traffic in the park, they get beat up pretty bad. a park pass could definately help in that respect. as for rails, i believe someone said it already, but, longer, mellower lips would be fun. the lip onto the up flat has been really nice all year. its long, smooth, and doesnt have a ton of kick to it, but it puts you right up onto the rail perfectly as long as you hit it fast enough. thats how a lip should be, unless its something like the staircase that should be set up urban style. the flatbox on the table is fun, but would be better if it was a few feet farther back from the lip, with the landing a little farther away as well. that way you wouldnt clear half of it if you come at it with any speed. also, there's tons of rails that arent out right now. next year, get every rail out somewhere. with the extra space, it shoudlnt be an issue. another issue that could be addressed, which is not really in the hands of the park crew, but, the snow has been awesome in the park the past few days where they actually blew. if they blew nice dry fluffy snow like that all the time, landings wouldnt get as icy and the park would be a lot more fun. the biggest issue a lot of people had with the jumps this year is that the landings did not match the lips. steeper and longer landing would make the jumps a lot nicer, but thats up to snowmaking i guess as to whether you have enough snow to do it. i found an article that gives some tips for building nice landings... http://www.newschoolers.com/ns3/web/conten...6&hide_header=&

not sure if blue is capable of doing that, but i think it would help. the park was a huge improvement this year, and hopefully it gets even better next year.

What would be really fun would be bmx dirt style jumps so u could him one and then go right to the next with a lot of flow. Like really close rollers but bigger with lips.

yeah dat more like boardercross but that would be friggin sweet, blue should maintain the boardrx course next year instead of letting it go to crap. if they have good enough conditions of course.. only so much ya can do.

next year at blue i would like to see

1. park passes

2. more street style rails

3. a looooong box, that isnt hooky.

4. some sort of tree jib would be nice

5. no more "ride on" jibs, gotta have a gap

6. hits after the start of some of the rails, (street style).

7. a real hip, or 2, fs and bs

8. nice wallrail transitions, they are always hit or miss, i guess it depends on when you are there.

9. a c box that curves some more, or an s box

10. more hot chicks

Edited by iluv2ride