Good News

Park Crue

TUESDAY NITE FEVER

Divisions: [Open, 14&over, 13&under, women.] SNOWBOARD

[ Ditto ] SKI.

Start : 1st Tuesday in Jan 2007. And 3 more subsequently.

If you win in your category, you make it you the finals, which will be held in Feb.

So you have 4 chances to compete to try make the finals.

In the finals, the winners of all 8 divisions will receive a trophy and prizes.

Then the names of all 8 winners will be put in a hat and one name will be drawn out. This lucky person will win a $1,000 voucher for a shopping spree at Amateur Athlete.

P.S. Amateur Athlete are being super generous in sponsoring this comp. Even though they do not yet sell skis, they sell dope apparel and accessories for all you homebodies. So go there and show your appreciation, and give them your business.

As for PP's, Stevo : What can I say ?

It's a delicate subject that is being discussed. You guys will be the first to know if there is any news.

Thank god that they're at least thinking of/ maybe considering them. pps are a very delicate subject. ;)

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be 8 winners.... 8 divisions.

Only 1 completely random person will get the $1,000. do you savvy?

That is lame beyond belief.

That means that even if I win the Open Snowboard division I can still lose a thousand dollar GC to a 13-year old skier or a female snowboarder who did a back board to get to finals. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by DHarrisburg

That is lame beyond belief.

That means that even if I win the Open Snowboard division I can still lose a thousand dollar GC to a 13-year old skier or a female snowboarder who did a back board to get to finals. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I wish we had 8,000 smackers to give away.

I don't think anyone needs to worry about the amount of gear and prizes that will be given away at Blue Mountain comps. At the Darkside Freeride team ski movie premiere last year almost everyone there walked away with some valuable gear from Crashpads, Giro, Level 1, K2, etc... Another premiere is in the discussion phase right now, and if it happens we've been promised even more gear than last time. This year we'd also love to find a way to get a boarding movie into the mix, but like I said, right now its all talk. The comps at Blue also saw some great prizes given away, and with more and more support for Blues park scene you can only expect that the prizes and comps will get better and better.

I wish we had 8,000 smackers to give away.

How about you break the $1,000 down to accomodate for each division?

Also, you wouldn't need $8,000. There is absolutely no reason why prizes should be equal throughout the divisions.

I don't think anyone needs to worry about the amount of gear and prizes that will be given away at Blue Mountain comps.

I would honestly prefer no prize to a completely random one. By offering a random grand prize you're pretty much saying "Oh hey your skills were good enough to take your division but we're going to give the whole prize to this girl skier because her name was pulled from the hat! Better luck next year!"

Imagine if they would take the top three slopestyle skiers and snowboarders at the X-Games and, rather than give out a gold, silver, and bronze medal for each sport, randomly selected one winner to take home the bling-bling diamond and platinum medal. Who cares what the first place snowboarder did in his run, he's going to get diddly-squat because his name wasn't selected in the random drawing.

Edited by DHarrisburg

How about you break the $1,000 down to accomodate for each division?

Also, you wouldn't need $8,000. There is absolutely no reason why prizes should be equal throughout the divisions.

I would honestly prefer no prize to a completely random one. By offering a random grand prize you're pretty much saying "Oh hey your skills were good enough to take your division but we're going to give the whole prize to this girl skier because her name was pulled from the hat! Better luck next year!"

Imagine if they would take the top three slopestyle skiers and snowboarders at the X-Games and, rather than give out a gold, silver, and bronze medal for each sport, randomly selected one winner to take home the bling-bling diamond and platinum medal. Who cares what the first place snowboarder did in his run, he's going to get diddly-squat because his name wasn't selected in the random drawing.

agreed

i agree with DH on this one. as sketchy as boulder's comps may be, their prize format isnt all too bad. each winner of each division gets some sort of decent prize, which gets better with the older divisions, like skis or a board, where the younger kids get a coat or new helmet or something. on top of that, all the winners are put into a hat and one is picked, who gets a snowmobile; i'm sure julia explained it to you. that way, everyone who wins their group still gets a solid prize, but there's something on top of that up for grabs too, in blue's case, it is the $1000. is that how its going to go down, or is there just medals for everyone, and one person gets $1000?

Man you guys are such a bunch of girly whiners.

We give you a comp to take the tedium out of the weekday; give you 8 mofoing divisions, so everyone can compete. Offer each winner of a division a trophy and a decent prize and then one of the 8 winners walks away with a $1,000 bux. I guess you cannot please all the people all the time. Deal with it people. You have a good local series like everyone wanted, you know we are gonna pull out all the stops to make it very professional and fun, and this will attract good riders to our mountain. Things this year are gonna be sooo good. You should all be doing backflips, instead of constantly playing Devils advocate....You Devils!!!

Personally, I cannot wait for December. ......

TUESDAY NITE FEVER

Divisions: [Open, 14&over, 13&under, women.] SNOWBOARD

[ Ditto ] SKI.

Start : 1st Tuesday in Jan 2007. And 3 more subsequently.

If you win in your category, you make it you the finals, which will be held in Feb.

So you have 4 chances to compete to try make the finals.

In the finals, the winners of all 8 divisions will receive a trophy and prizes.

Then the names of all 8 winners will be put in a hat and one name will be drawn out. This lucky person will win a $1,000 voucher for a shopping spree at Amateur Athlete.

P.S. Amateur Athlete are being super generous in sponsoring this comp. Even though they do not yet sell skis, they sell dope apparel and accessories for all you homebodies. So go there and show your appreciation, and give them your business.

As for PP's, Stevo : What can I say ?

It's a delicate subject that is being discussed. You guys will be the first to know if there is any news.

wait does amatuer athlete even sell skiing stuff

I am trying to explain to you how to improve your contest. Don't get all butthurt and call me a whiner.

Maybe next time I'll keep my comments to myself and you'll see how many decent riders show up once they realize that 1. there is a 1 in 8 chance that they are going to walk away with diddly even if they win their division, and 2. they're going to lose said prize to someone in a completely different division. I was ready to book a ticket home to take part in your comp, now I've come to realize that it would be both a waste of time and money. Hell, I know a bunch of other east coast riders who would love to make a trip to Bethlehem if there was $1,000 on the line. Too bad none of them are going to roll the dice on the 12.5% chance that they'd be awarded a prize after beating everyone else in their division.

P.S. You say that your events will be professional and fun, yet everything I've read this far reeks of amateurism. If you seriously want some help on what you can do to make these events sucessful, PM me. If you are going to continue to call me names and write me off as a "Devil's Advocate" then I'll just laugh and watch you waste money in a futile quest to promote your mountain.

I am trying to explain to you how to improve your contest. Don't get all butthurt and call me a whiner.

P.S. You say that your events will be professional and fun, yet everything I've read this far reeks of amateurism. If you seriously want some help on what you can do to make these events sucessful, PM me.

Seems the majority of respondants agree with DH on the 1k thing. The open division should have the mad money split between at a minimum. Listen to DH, he knows what is up.

One other note, instead of coming down on Park Crue/Blue Mountain with your concerns about these contests, your effort would be better spent contacting local shops and telling them to sponsor these events. I am in no way speaking for Park Crue, but I do know how hard it is to get a shop to sponsor something, especially in its first year. The biggest thing holding shops back is the fear that there will be no return on the money they lose through sponsoring an event. They need to hear from customers that it will be beneficial, it means nothing coming from people in the industry who they know will likely never buy anything from their shop.

I'm sure the raffle thing was put in place to prevent it from just being a paycheck for poachers. Only the top 8 have a shot at the grand prize. The idea is show up for the series have a great time and if your good you have a shot at $1000.

Makes sense, except everyone on here is focusing on the prizes. I have said it numerous times, I 'll say it again. In this case the "money" is gift certificates, correct? Divide the 1k into $500 for each of the "open" divsions. The showdown event at BC paid this for each category. Props to Pinnacle. Nipples got a whole new summer camp outfit from his winnings. It was a cummalative point score. Someone here is rocking a new surf board!! :yes

So you guys know. I have seen summer rail jams pay more than 1k in cash!! 1k in gift certificates to randomly drawn should not have the focus in this comp, but it does. :confused

Yeah!!! I just read the post above. Support your shops that support these events, because with out them, I doubt there would be few prizes. If anyone is down towards Wilmington and interested in visisting the Ski Bum let me know, I'll call ahead for you!!

They are a 4 season shop eager to please. Because they are farther south, it is my opinion that there is a different more positive "air" people eager to help.

We give you a comp to take the tedium out of the weekday; give you 8 mofoing divisions, so everyone can compete. Offer each winner of a division a trophy and a decent prize and then one of the 8 winners walks away with a $1,000 bux. I guess you cannot please all the people all the time. Deal with it people. You have a good local series like everyone wanted, you know we are gonna pull out all the stops to make it very professional and fun, and this will attract good riders to our mountain. Things this year are gonna be sooo good. You should all be doing backflips, instead of constantly playing Devils advocate....You Devils!!!

Personally, I cannot wait for December. ......

But blue mt. prohibits inverted aerials :nono

wait does amatuer athlete even sell skiing stuff

Nope, but snowboard stuff.

So in other words, if you can't fly home and poach the $1000 from a bunch of PA kids the contest must suck. Just shut your hole!

:ph34r:

You know, it does come off like that a tad bit. But I'm not attacking DH. I think that winner should get the biggest prize, and the lower-placing people should get the other random stuff.

why dont you split it p lie boardercross like girls(all to gether) guys 15 and under,guys 16-18 and 19 and up...thatway its only 4 divisions and plus why do the girls need more than one division there are like 3 of them

Snowboarding Gates Clinics on Friday evenings.

We are starting a racing clinic on Friday evenings. If anyone is interested in learning and practicing Slalom and GS technique, join up.

I will post what the costs are and when this program starts. If you know of hardbooters who would be interested, pass this on.

Snowboarding Gates Clinics on Friday evenings.

We are starting a racing clinic on Friday evenings. If anyone is interested in learning and practicing Slalom and GS technique, join up.

I will post what the costs are and when this program starts. If you know of hardbooters who would be interested, pass this on.

I'm deffently in. PM me with the deatles to make shure i get then when you get em plese.

THAT'S AWESOME, ANY NEWS IF THEY'RE GOING TO HAVE SOMETHING LIKE THAT FOR SKIERS OR IF SKIERS CAN ALSO PARTICIPATE WITH THE RIDERS. I WONDER WHAT THE COST WILL BE??? DO SNOWBOARDERS NEED HARD-BOOTS TO RACE? I KNOW VTMARK WAS AT NASTAR NATIONALS AND I THOUGHT HE HAS NORMAL BOOTS.

yes i ride a soft boot setup. hard boots are too much $

THAT'S AWESOME, ANY NEWS IF THEY'RE GOING TO HAVE SOMETHING LIKE THAT FOR SKIERS OR IF SKIERS CAN ALSO PARTICIPATE WITH THE RIDERS. I WONDER WHAT THE COST WILL BE??? DO SNOWBOARDERS NEED HARD-BOOTS TO RACE? I KNOW VTMARK WAS AT NASTAR NATIONALS AND I THOUGHT HE HAS NORMAL BOOTS.

Doug they won't have anything unless they hear about it. Same principle as the Park Passes. Have anyone who wants to do gates write properly constructed e-mails and the chances of that happening will go up. I think the Ski School already has Bumps and Carving clinics that they do every week for a few weeks. I know its a sore spot with some of you guys that they don't offer racing programs for adults. I would assume that they will not allow you to join the SNOWBOARDING gates clinics, due to the fact that it is ever so slightly different from skiing. Looks like now the boarders will be smokin' the skiers in the ever popular NASTAR series...

There are alot of guys on boards and skis who are great in the air and on rails, but can't hold an edge for their life in just normal freeriding. Both freeride programs (Darkside Skiers and Blue Mountain Freeriders) focus alot on improving normal riding along with park stuff. I forget what age Blue Mountain Freeriders goes up to but the ski program is any age and for skiers is one good way to work on becoming a better rider in a more relaxed environment than taking a straightup ski school lesson.

Hopefully this year we will be able to incorporate some lines into the park that are super carvy and reward people who can really ride them.