Good News

Park Crue

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for my daily Booter mountain reports this winter... :rock Do you happen to know where I can find a PASR hoodie? EBAY??? :lol

did you ever stop and think that you hit the nail on the head.. That you, yes you are the only ones waiting? www.dougsPASR.com -- boy does that suck for the rest of us or what?

well if they are widening the trail things associated with the edge of the trail will have to be updated i.e. lighting and snowmaking. I'm all for the weekday comp, as for categories, dont split it too much. Maybe just an open and an amateur catagory. The open would have a cash prize (or a big swag prize like a snowboard or bindings or something - get a local shop to sponsor one prize per comp) and the am category would have like a t-shirt or something much smaller. No one is going to sandbag for a t-shirt. The more categories you make, the more admin at the comp and the less just riding. Plus if you don't have that many poeple you get like 3 person categories.

As for the gaps onto rails, I'm not a skier anymore but I will tell you the skiers at Mountain Creek throw down even more than the snowboarders so I don't think the gap is the issue, you just need to get used to it. I used to hate it, I broke 2 snowboards when I didn't get high enough and cartwheeled over the rail after clipping the nose of hte board, but I feel like a much better rider now than before I got used to it.

Go through 1st grade teachers old posts and he'd move down 3 steps on the totem poll.... :ph34r:

go through all of yours first. that guy has gained more respect in my book. at first i wasn't too fond of him but now i dont have any problems

did you ever stop and think that you hit the nail on the head.. That you, yes you are the only ones waiting? www.dougsPASR.com -- boy does that suck for the rest of us or what?

I'm gonna look.. . Okay guys, you gotta chill out and get back on topic. Relax, there's no actual totem pole, so no worries- you're getting worked up over nothing :lol

EDIT: Actually, i find doug's legit posts very useful at times. Say, for instance, i can't get up there midweek, and i wanna know how shit's hanging up, what's new in the park, etc. He says the stats that the site fails to mention- the important ones. Sure there's a lot of bullshit in there, but that's doug- just accept him for who he is. :rock

well if they are widening the trail things associated with the edge of the trail will have to be updated i.e. lighting and snowmaking. I'm all for the weekday comp, as for categories, dont split it too much. Maybe just an open and an amateur catagory. The open would have a cash prize (or a big swag prize like a snowboard or bindings or something - get a local shop to sponsor one prize per comp) and the am category would have like a t-shirt or something much smaller. No one is going to sandbag for a t-shirt. The more categories you make, the more admin at the comp and the less just riding. Plus if you don't have that many poeple you get like 3 person categories.

As for the gaps onto rails, I'm not a skier anymore but I will tell you the skiers at Mountain Creek throw down even more than the snowboarders so I don't think the gap is the issue, you just need to get used to it. I used to hate it, I broke 2 snowboards when I didn't get high enough and cartwheeled over the rail after clipping the nose of hte board, but I feel like a much better rider now than before I got used to it.

The thing is- there really wasn't much gap. And if there was a gap- there wasn't a takeoff/lip to match.

Edited by stevo

yea trev, you know...park ratz, with a z.

hey kevin!

God... I got huge dose of deja-vu - where is that video that someone posted about snowboarding going now where from back in the 80's. Parks is where it is at and now with twin tips steadily gaining market share....... The number of racer parents that asked me how I liked my twins was large. They were listening, manueverability is where it is at.

Yes, 1,000 out of billions allows the use of the word "uber." Crawl under a monument...

Park users are growing in numbers, and I would guess that their numbers are close to the amount of users on other trails at Blue. Good thing Blue is showing dedication to improving their parks.

Edited by freeridintre

I don't think most of the rails are meant to be taken head on, every year the 'gap' gets smaller and smaller and the ramp lower. Basically the rail buts up to the ramp, the ramp is a foot below the top of the rail. Thats better than those rails where you aren't quite sure if you can make it cuz the gap is huge. At least here you know you have to come in from the side. I don't know what the equivalent of ollieing is on skis, but there are plenty of skiers who don't seem to have trouble getting on them from the side, and I it better because it forces you to committ more. I find on anything that you can hit straight on I end up not committing as much and if you don't committ on a straight on gap rail you may or may not make it on, where as a streetstyle setup if you don't commit you just land on snow.

So anyway...

I'm glad to hear that Blue is putting some work into Sidewinder. Of course a few of us wish that we had a trail that was a bit easier to work with, but we might as well play with what we got. I really liked the placement of the up flat rail last season on the first turn. Any other features people like or would like to see again in an improved fashion?

as for other features...dont get rid of the rail garden thing...if anything, make it bigger! i loved that place you could hike that allll day

i wouldnt go that far. i still like boxes. maybe a down flat down box thats like 8 inches wide or so.

i liked the giant battleship, but the c-box was horrible, we need 2 of those

thatway goofy riders could have an easier time going frontside on it

where was the rail garden (i love rail gardens)

i liked the battleship cause it was so big

right afgter the wall it had the kink... the rail jam box... the rainbow... the flatdown box... the crackerbarrel...and one more i forget... but it was soo fun just to hike a rail...onetime i hiked the crackerbarrel like 5 timees

i liked the battleship cause it was so big

That battleship box was awesome. I liked the original position though, around the first turn because it allowed enough speed to gap the flat.

Another idea I had (comment on it): Turn the hippo rail around backwards and make a nice launch ramp onto it with a good smooth transition...

Edited by NiftySHIFTY

Another idea I had (comment on it): Turn the hippo rail around backwards and make a nice launch ramp onto it with a good smooth transition...

what is the hippo? ooooh the crackerbarrel. nothing good can come out of that metal art sculpture. so here is an idea i had, that is a little more logical:

BURN THAT PIECE OF SHIT TO THE GROUND.

what is the hippo? ooooh the crackerbarrel. nothing good can come out of that metal art sculpture. so here is an idea i had, that is a little more logical:

BURN THAT PIECE OF SHIT TO THE GROUND.

hippo is the shark fin

but the c-box was horrible, we need 2 of those

whatever happened to pushing yourself to learn new things. how bout you just keep trying and learn to do it frontside instead of having it "made easier". problem solved.

I don't think most of the rails are meant to be taken head on, every year the 'gap' gets smaller and smaller and the ramp lower. Basically the rail buts up to the ramp, the ramp is a foot below the top of the rail. Thats better than those rails where you aren't quite sure if you can make it cuz the gap is huge. At least here you know you have to come in from the side. I don't know what the equivalent of ollieing is on skis, but there are plenty of skiers who don't seem to have trouble getting on them from the side, and I it better because it forces you to committ more. I find on anything that you can hit straight on I end up not committing as much and if you don't committ on a straight on gap rail you may or may not make it on, where as a streetstyle setup if you don't commit you just land on snow.

Even so, you land like halfway down the rail. There has to be SOME gap, otherwise you miss most of the rail, which makes things boring when you get technical....

i liked the giant battleship, but the c-box was horrible, we need 2 of those

That thing was horrible, let's get another! It's an elbow box. NiftyShifty got assraped by it, just ask him.

..onetime i hiked the crackerbarrel like 5 timees

One time i hiked it 20 times. And if you're talking about the time i was there, you hit it twice :pwn3d: